Spectrum Regional Channel Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
The Spectrum Regional Channel Manager interfaces with all Business Selling Partners (indirect channel agents) within the assigned market service area for purposes of providing face to face sales engagement support for any and all Selling Partners with locally engaged sales in the assigned market. This position is required to ensure that Spectrum achieves local sales revenues by developing programs to recruit and train Selling Partners. The Regional Channel Manager is primarily responsible for the identification, development, and business growth of business-focused indirect channel agents (\"the Channel\") in Spectrum service areas. The Regional Channel Manager may actively participate in key sales opportunities and is responsible for initial review and approval of project ROI's for compliance with Division guidelines, and the development of a business case where appropriate.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
* Contribute to Spectrum's vision of becoming the preferred provider of communications solutions for businesses in the communities we serve.
* Develop and execute agent recruitment strategies and tactical plan for multiple reseller and partner Channels
* Negotiate and close channel agent contracts
* Ensure that the Channel partners are correctly onboarded, with all necessary training and communication material
* Provides sales support to channel agents for all new business that is not directed at existing, assigned and restricted accounts.
* Organize support of the Channel including assistance in qualifying opportunities and moving them through the sales process
* Facilitate all contract language negotiations with proper Legal resources within Division and Corporate
* Drive increased revenues by assisting all agents and sub agents to sell Spectrum Business Services via joint sales calls. (Having an experienced representative in the field and on agent appointments will lead to shorter selling cycles increased closing ratios, higher revenues, and cleaner orders)
* Manage and advise engaged agents on effective solutions to current active business opportunities on new products/services, promotions as applicable
* Responsible for insuring agent orders are processed timely and accurately
* Responsible for preparation of quotes and proposals with agents, requesting intervention by Sales Engineer on large multi-site deals.
* Review and approve monthly Channel commissions prior to submitting to Division Finance
* Manage the implementation of Channel partner programs, productivity tools and on-line services
* Coordinate product presentations, demonstrations, and proposals for the benefit of the Channel
* Review and approve ROI's prior to proposals being submitted to prospective customers
* Manage Client Relationship Management (CRM) queues and dashboards for Channel performance
* Develop and maintain a hiring funnel for new partners and agents as required
* Prepare rolling 3 month forecast each month and provide variance analysis on deviations from prior forecast
* Conduct, monthly reviews with market Director and other market management with respect to sales forecasts, opportunities and service delivery issues associated with achieving the sales forecast
* Create, maintain, and update a ready-to-launch event playbook and collateral supply following a \"booth in a box\" strategy for recruitment events
* Coordinate with Division and Corporate Marketing on developing the Channel identity
* Leverage all key public speaking opportunities within the assigned territory to spread the word about the Channel
* Meet/exceed all recruitment, sales and revenue and other objectives for the Channel.
* Perform other duties as requested.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
* Ability to find creative solutions to resolve complex, difficult problems
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
* Ability to use personal computer and software applications (e.g., Salesforce)
* Advanced ability to utilize strategic negotiating skills
* Demonstrated ability to sell world-class business communications solutions to large clients
* Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with all levels of management and personnel
* Knowledge of network security and redundancy
* Strong business acumen and knowledge of broadband and telecommunication business practices
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively
* Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
* Contract negotiation experience
* Extensive knowledge of Channel sales and multi-tier reseller business models is a plus
* Advanced knowledge of information system protocols (e.g. SONET, ATM, Ethernet, Frame, ISDB,TCP/IP, etc.) preferred.
* Bachelor's degree in marketing, technology or related field, or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience
* Sales and large accounts experience; 6 years
* Experience within Channel sales; 3 years
* Management experience; 3 years
Certifications and/or Licenses
* Valid driver's license, satisfactory driving record within Company required standards, and auto insurance.
* Office environment
* Travel as required
Loading some great jobs for you...