Under general direction, performs a full range of senior technical and team leader role for the assigned program(s) and project(s) within Customer Service and Information; assigns, reviews, and participates in the work of customer service representatives; ensures work quality and accuracy with adherence to established policies and procedures; develops, implements and provides training related to assigned area of responsibility; manages and updates Knowledge Base and other informational tools as necessary; serves as lead or expert on program/project issues in assigned area and on customer services issues which become escalated and require increased fact finding in order to resolve issues; and performs the more technical and complex tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
The following duties are a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
In area of assignment:
* Leads, coordinates, schedules, assigns, and inspects the daily work activities of assigned staff. * Reviews weekly Customer Comment reports for assigned area which are distributed to various managers and directors; responds to customer emails daily and track comments, compliments, and suggestions from the public about the Agency programs; creates and analyzes reports to track the comments, compliments and suggestions; reports results to the regional team to identify trends in customer issues; delegates a percentage of responsibilities to customer service (CS) team of responding to customers; reviews and edits CS representatives email content that will be sent in response to incoming inquiries; conducts fact finding information on escalated issues which requires resolution and refers back to CS representatives for follow up; continually reviews refund requests with fare media related to ticket vending machine (TVM) issues to be coordinated with the Finance Department; assists in the network of activities for service change and assists in the outreach for Service Implementation Program. * Meets with department and other person's from various transit agencies to establish protocols and processes for various assignments; coordinates project and outreach efforts for start of service, service changes, interruptions, etc. and provides input and creates new information materials related to services provided. * Develops a training curriculum for the assigned program(s); and provides training to staff, partner agencies, and others as appropriate. * Manages and updates content of Knowledge Base for the public use and Agency use, business procedures, and frequently asked questions for businesses and cardholders; creates and implements procedures to be added to training manual as appropriate; and creates and implements change request forms to add/edit content. * Coordinates policies and procedures for assigned program(s)/project(s); ensures all information is current and accurate for fares and TVM's on all three lines of business; provides correspondence assistance and customer comment templates by reviewing, updating and creating templates as appropriate; serves as a point of contact with various ST staff and consultants to provide information on both internal and external outreach efforts on operational and revenue service. * Serves as back-up Customer Service Duty Officer responsible for providing coverage 24 hours a day for all lines of business; posts rider alerts to the agency website, records phone alerts, emails subscription lists, and updates front line representatives such as contracted Security and Station Agents. * Provides support to the Manager and others on matters as directed; serves as staff on a variety committees as assigned; prepares and presents staff reports and other necessary correspondence; attends and participates in professional group meetings; maintains awareness of new trends and developments in the fields related to area of assignment; incorporates new developments as appropriate; ensures processes, policies and practices are interpreted and applied consistently and effectively; ensures accountability and compliance with all current and applicable state and federal laws, Agency policies and procedures, rules and regulations. * It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the Agency safety rules, regulations, and procedures pertaining to their assigned duties and responsibilities, which could include systems, operations, and/or other employees. * It is the responsibility of all employees to integrate sustainability into everyday business practices. * Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Associates Degree in communications, public affairs, business administration, public administration, or closely related field and four years of experience in a customer service environment that includes leading projects/programs in a helpdesk or customer service oriented organization that includes heavy customer service problem resolution and response; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Required Knowledge of:
* Operations, services, and activities of assigned Customer Service and Information program(s) and project(s) area. * Senior professional and/or technical expert knowledge of industry principles and practices for the area of responsibility including customer service principles and practices. * Communication strategies, tools, and techniques. * Transit operations, services, and activities of the customer service and information services functions. * Central Puget Sound Regional Transit Authority functions, operations, policies, and procedures. * Principles and practices of program/project budget preparation and administration. * Principles and procedures of record keeping. * Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations. * Techniques to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities. * Principles and practices of governmental budget preparation and administration. * Principles of business letter writing and basic report preparation. * Communication strategies, tools, and techniques. * English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation. * Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and statistical databases. * Principles of team leadership including lead supervisory and training principles and practices.
Required Skill in:
* Utilizing personal computer software programs affecting assigned work and in compiling and preparing spreadsheets and reports. * Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, community groups and the general public. * Interpreting and administering policies and procedures sufficient to administer, discuss, resolve, and explain them to staff and other constituencies. * Applying principles and practices of leading, coaching and mentoring staff. * Preparing clear and concise reports. * Effectively representing the Agency to outside individuals and agencies. * Interpreting and applying applicable federal, state, and local policies, laws, and regulations. * Complaint resolution and problem solving. * Presentation development and public speaking skills. * Preparing and analyzing data and comprehensive reports. * Demonstrating a positive customer service orientation with both internal and external clients. * Applying appropriate oral and written communication techniques to various individuals ranging from Agency employees, the general public, elected officials, community leaders, and local, state, and federal agencies. * Applying project management techniques and principles.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
* Work is performed in a standard office environment. * Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting of objects up to 25 pounds; may occasionally be exposed to dangerous machinery, extreme weather conditions, physical harm, infectious disease, and extreme noise when conducting site visits and working in the field. * The Agency promotes a safe and healthy work environment and provides appropriate safety and equipment training for all personnel as required.
THIS JOB POSTING MAY BE USED TO FILL MULTIPLE POSITIONS
Sound Transit is an equal employment opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from employment action based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other protected class.
Associated topics: answer, call center, customer, customer order, customer service representative, representative, service representative, support specialist, telephone, telephone activation specialist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.