Job Locations US-NJ-West Caldwell
Restaurant Team Member / Hourly
Better Burgers ndash; Even Better People!
Founded in June 2007 and based in Denver, Coloradorsquo;s Cherry Creek neighborhood, the first Smashburger opened with one simple notion in mind: to serve a better burger and, in the process, helped create a new category. The brand smashed convention to deliver an all-in better burger experience focused on fresh, quality ingredients, a cool, hip environment, and exceptional service conducive to a busy modern lifestyle.
About JFC, our Parent Company
In October 2015, Smashburger Master LLC, agreed to sell a significant stake to Jollibee Foods Corp. (JFC). Jollibee is the largest restaurant company in the Philippines, operating more than 3,000 restaurants, including Burger King Philippines, Blue Ribbon, Chow King, Greenwich Pizza, and with 30% of its restaurants outside the Philippines. Today, Jollibee is the 100% owner of Smashburger and seeks to solidify the brand in the U.S. before its next chapter of growth in the U.S. and abroad, which includes organic growth, unit expansion and new acquisitions. In July 2019, Jollibee announced the acquisition of Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf moving further towards their vision of becoming one of the ldquo;Top Fiverdquo; restaurant companies in the world. Jollibee is characterized by a culture of trust, humility, collaboration, decisiveness and executional excellence.
* Lead the restaurant team during a shift to ensure that every guest has a memorable, Gold Standard experience Delegate responsibilities to the team
* Be an expert in the menu, recipes and skills for each station in the restaurant
* Visit tables after food delivery to ensure the guestrsquo;s experience has been Gold Standard
* Follow checklists and proven systems to set up, stock and close the entire restaurant
* Coach and recognize team members throughout the shift
* Facilitate shift huddles; sharing communication and direction with the team
* Protect the guest by ensuring all team members follow food safety standards
* Maintains high food quality and attractive food appearance, made according to Smashburger specifications
* Follow Smashburger cash handling procedures
* Follow all policies and procedures as outlined by Smashburger
* Complete any other tasks assigned time to time by the management team
* Experience working as a shift leader in a restaurant, retail or hospitality setting preferred
* Ability to successfully complete training program
* Ability to follow all guidelines and procedures set forth by Smashburger, local, state, and federal employment regulations
* Smashburger participates in E-Verify
While performing the duties of this position, a Shift Leader may regularly be required to: variable work days, nights and/or weekends, work in a fast paced environment and work around hot and cold equipment. This position may regularly be required to occasionally lift and carry boxes and supplies up to 50lbs, move around the restaurant and tight spaces; walk or stand 100% of shift and reach, bend, stoop, mop and sweep frequently.
Associated topics: assistant general manager, bakery manager, director food and beverage, front end, gerente de cocina, grocery store manager, operations manager, restaurant leader, restaurant operations, supervisor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...