School Food Management Company seeking a dedicated Area Manager in training for a leadership position in the New York City market. Ideal for current supervisor, manager or Chef looking to advance their career to multi-unit management as well as enjoy a more favorable schedule as the hours are largely M-F days, with all holidays off.
The position is full time, year-round, salaried with bonus, benefits and an excellent working environment. Training and relocation programs are available.
Candidate will be part of a growing and successful company that is a leader in school food service. Applicants must enjoy working in a school setting, and provide a positive and uplifting meal experience.
Candidate for the position of Area Manager in Training will possess the following qualities
* Prefer at least 2 years of supervisory experience (Restaurant or Food Service).
* Willingness to travel out of state for portions of training.
* Ability to pass an extensive nationwide criminal background check and fingerprint analysis.
* Must possess top hospitality and communication skills, working well with others.
* College degree, or 3 years Equivalent operational experience in a relevant field.
* 5 years' experience in food service and fresh food production.
* Strong computer and analytical skills, with spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel, and documents in both Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat.
* Experience with POS and online reporting systems is also strongly preferred.
* Must have strong leadership skills and abilities, coupled with a high level of professionalism and attention to detail.
* Must have the ability to work independently while keeping the executive management team updated on pertinent information from the field.
* Able to identify and assess customers' needs to achieve satisfaction
* Ability to go the extra mile to engage customers
Duties of the Area Manager will include
* Staffing, training and managing school food service staff full time.
* Implementing effective control of sales, food, beverage, paper, chemical and labor costs among all units.
* Achieves predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, sanitation, merchandising and promotion.
* Continuously evaluating performance, encouraging improvement and developing team members. Plans and administers a training and development program within the department to foster a culture of growth and career advancement. Oversees departmental matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
* Ensuring that resources are in place from both a staffing and supply standpoint.
* Implementing a wide range of functions to ensure food quality, production, planning, purchasing, and facility maintenance.
* Working directly with School Cafeteria Leaders in order to develop an in-unit marketing strategy.
* Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
If you feel your credentials fit our job position, please share your resume and we'll be in touch.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...