Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community's greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Sheltering Arms is currently seeking Child Care Workers for our Group Homes in the Bronx. Supervise and direct youth (ages 16-21), assist with the record keeping and perform duties necessary for the overall care and well being of the youth in the program.
* Manages group with a focus on peer dynamics, and creating and maintaining a positive peer group culture.
* Provides attention and support of medical issues, students educational/vocational needs, casework and clinical appointments.
* Develops healthy and helping relationships with children and their families.
* Coordinate individual activities and group activities such as sports, games, and trips.
* Logs all reports, including incident reports, and inform the social worker and supervisors of any issues related to children.
* Provides basic care to adolescents including meals and snacks, as well as attending to health and safety needs.
* Other related task that may be assigned.
* High school diploma or GED required
* Experience working with children and some college preferred
* Possess a strong belief in people's ability to grow and change
* Successful completion of TCI Safety Violation Take Down Course upon 90 days of hire
Benefits and Perks
Health care (medical, dental, and vision), paid time off, paid holidays, retirement savings plans and pension plan, tuition reimbursement, pretax commuter benefits, and more.
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual's perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.