- Provide line of business technical expertise to regions and business segment managers to support an underwriting framework that produces profitable business. Works with corporate underwriting, Claims leaders, Actuarial and regional underwriting leaders in developing and distributing new products and strategies.
- Distribute effective marketing materials to regional personnel, agents, and others to assist them in better understanding the value associated with Selective's products and services within assigned business segments. Works with corporate underwriting in developing new marketing materials.
- Oversees activities, workflow, and productivity of line of business analysts for all regions to ensure compliance with company guidelines.
- Develop excellent working relationships with regional personnel to instill a comfort level in requesting assistance in order to explore as many account opportunities from their agents as possible.
- Attend AMS conferences, road shows, sales meetings, etc., to actively promote Selective's products for business segments.
- Support continuous improvement opportunities and ideas across the organization
- Partners with safety management and premium audit to ensure support and exceptional customer service to regional personnel and agents while promoting and developing the production of profitable business.
- Assist the regions with 1) securing additional new business by providing expertise in underwriting and pricing large, unique and/or complex accounts, and 2) identifying creative ways to successfully write unique accounts.
- Works closely with other departments to manage projects on behalf of the line of business.
- Actively participate in all aspects of effective quality control assessments. These may include conducting new and renewal account audits, monitoring, and assessing scorecards, large loss analysis, action plans, etc.
- Must be able to drive an automobile to travel with regional personnel to assist in educating agents and selling accounts on Selective's products and services. Travel represents approximately 20% of employee s time.
- 10+ years Commercial Lines Underwriting experience
- The following experience is preferred:
- 5+ years Risk Management and/or reinsurance experience
- 5+ years Field Underwriting, agency or specific line of business experience
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills;
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills;
- Strong problem-solving ability, and excellent presentation skills;
- Proven leadership capability
- College degree in related discipline preferred
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associated topics: underwriter