- Seattle Children's Hospital
- $82,190.00 -145,000.00/year*
312 N 83rd St
Despite widescale global use of BCG as a vaccine against Mycobacterium tuberculosis, the agent that causes tuberculosis (TB), TB continues to be one of the world's biggest infectious killers. A new and effective vaccine is urgently needed, but fundamental insights into how protective immunity is best achieved is needed to rationally design such a vaccine. The Urdahl Lab at the Seattle Children's Research Institute is particularly interested in understanding the nature of protective immunity against tuberculosis, and also the barriers that impede these protective responses from being established. They are actively recruiting for a Research Associate I to support their team.
The successful applicant will be integrated into ongoing projects in the lab and will conduct and analyze experiments within a TB Biohazard Safety Level III lab, as well as provide general support of the lab. Enthusiasm, curiosity, and initiative to learn new methods and perform work efficiently and carefully are essential. Training in techniques that are unfamiliar will be provided. This position requires organization skills needed to maintain a detailed lab notebook and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Candidate should have a bachelor's degree in a matching field. Recent college graduates with outstanding academic record and undergraduate research experience are encouraged to apply. The Urdahl lab values laboratory experience in immunology, microbiology, and working with animals.
* Tissue harvest and cell preparations in a TB Biohazard III lab- Genotyping of mice (DNA extraction, PCR, Agarose Gel Electrophoresis)- Managing mouse colony and maintaining mouse census- Lab manager, ordering supplies and record keeping- Flow cytometry- Assist in setting up immunological assays- Assist in general lab support
Required Education/Experience: - Bachelor's Degree in microbiology, biochemistry, immunology, or related field - Minimum one (1) year of laboratory research experience.
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* Knowledge of MS Office tools such as Word, Excel, Power Point
* Willingness to work with mouse tissue and live animalsPreferred: Familiarity with the following techniques is a plus:
* Cell culture
* Flow cytometry
Associated topics: aseptic technique, drug discovery, histotechnologist, kinesiology, medical, pharmacology, pharmacy, physiology, toxicologist, vaccine
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...