As a Sr. Java Software Developer of the SAS Forecasting R&D Services development team, you will help create innovative software to apply cutting-edge statistical methods to automated enterprise-scale business forecasting processes. You will work closely in team-oriented environment with Ph.D.-level experts in statistical and forecasting fields to develop state-of-the-art web-based RESTful microservices for high-performance distributed multi-tier software. You will implement advanced analytical algorithms to solve business problems. Duties include researching computational algorithms; designing the software architecture based on product management requirements and presenting it to stakeholders; developing and testing services; authoring user documentation; communicating with other SAS professional staff in Testing, Technical Support, Education, Marketing, and other departments; and performing other tasks as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, or a related quantitative field
* Minimum 5 years of experience in commercial software development
* Excellent skills in object-oriented programing and design
* Experience in developing RESTful services in Java for micro-services architecture
* Experience with relational databases
* Excellent communication and team-working skills
* Master's degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, or a related quantitative field
* Experience with Spring framework, Gradle, Hibernate, OpenStack, Docker and Kubernetes
* Experience with Agile software development methodologies
* Experience in Test Driven Development of unit, regression, and integration testing
* Experience with the Go language
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
Associated topics: application architect, c, design, design pattern, develop, java, lead, matlab, maven, perl