St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.The Medical Receptionist is responsible for performing office duties, recordkeeping functions, receptionist duties, and administrative and follow-up functions to assist in the operation of a medical office. The Medical Receptionist will work with and receive supervision from the practice manager, physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
* Actively participates in maintaining and/or improving quality improvement initiatives, including but not limited to the Physician Billing computer system and patient satisfaction survey. * Maintains high level of competence on Physician Billing computer system. * Takes active role in facilitation of team approach to functions within the department: * Attends departmental meetings. * Actively participates as a team member in resolution of problems as they are identified. * Analyzes current procedures, bringing suggestions for improvement to the attention of team members and supervisors for consideration
* Answered in a courteous manner. * Within 3 rings. * Identifying self and practice. * Determining and prioritizing the nature of the incoming call. * Responds to patient communications and routes complete and accurate messages to the appropriate individual. * Ensures patient satisfaction at the end of each call.
* Maintains patient and physician office schedules * Schedules patient appointments according to the guidelines of the practice. * Ensures patient access to requested provider when available
* Greets patients in a polite, prompt, helpful manner * Registers patients according to the guidelines of the practice * Verifies patient demographics and insurance information at each visit. * Captures any barriers - i.e. language, vision, hearing etc. * Exercises good judgment and communications, demonstrates an awareness of emergency situations. * Provides information, direction and other assistance to the patient as needed. * Establish and maintain accurate patient records and record filing system. * Types, files, and distributes correspondence as directed. * Maintains a consistent patient flow, and advises patients of delays in schedule. * Monitors and maintains patient reception area; cleanliness and noise level. * Review charge slips submitted by physician and accurately enter charge information, assist physician with accurate coding information and process in a timely fashion to the Central Business Office. * Be familiar with policies of various insurance companies. * Verifies and explains charges to the patient. Collects any amounts due at time of service. Provides patient education as it relates to insurance and balances owed. * Scans and indexes labs, consults etc. Backlog not to exceed 72 hours. * Obtains and tracks patient referrals. * Advises clinical staff of any hearing or language barriers the patient seems to have. * Responsible for working with the care team to provide administrative assistance, as needed. * Processes requests for medical records according to practice, State and HIPAA guidelines. * Prepare miscellaneous reports as requested. * Coordinate supplies and equipment needs with various departments and vendors. * Open/close office as required. * Receive, sort, and send mail as needed. * Maintains office supplies.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours at time). Requires continual use of fingers for patient care, writing and computer entry. Routinely uses upper extremities; occasional requirement to lift up to 25 pounds. Occasionally push cart with supplies up to 30 pounds. Occasionally push wheelchair with patient weighing up to 325 pounds. Regularly requires ability to stoop, bend and reach above shoulder level. Requires ability to hear normal conversation and good general, near and peripheral vision.
High School graduate or equivalent. Preference given to graduates of accredited medical assistant/administrative training programs.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
One year office experience in a similar setting or graduate of accredited medical assistant/administrative training program.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Associated topics: family, nocturnist, outpatient, physician md, practice physician, practitioner, primary, provider, urgent, urgent care
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.