The Complex Financial Instrument (CFI) Valuation Services Senior Associate serves as a key member of RSM Valuation Services Consulting team taking substantial responsibility in performing multiple business valuation and financial advisory engagements simultaneously.
We offer the opportunity to work on a wide variety of challenging projects that will provide exposure to financial analysis, business and financial modeling and forecasting, and valuations focusing on complex financial instruments and derivatives, including, convertible instruments, embedded derivatives, earn-outs, interest rate derivatives, common and preferred stock and other securities along with private debt instruments, options, warrants, and other derivative products. These services are provided to assist clients with mergers, acquisitions; venture financing and public offerings (IPOs); taxation planning and compliance; financial reporting; and strategic planning. We also support assurance and tax clients pursuant to their valuation needs.
* Bachelor's Degree in a Quantitative Field (Math, Financial Mathematics, Quantitative Finance or related area of study) preferred; MBA or other Master's a plus
* 2 - 4 years of relevant experience, including financial analysis, modeling and valuation experience
* Proficiency in MS Office
* Ability to prepare detailed financial models in MS Excel and compose technical reports
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial work environment
* Ability to travel as needed or requested
* Experience in Monte Carlo programs (@risk, Crystal Ball), Lattice models, coding (MatLab, R, etc.), Bloomberg, Intex preferred
* Experience working on the valuation team of a global public accounting (Big 4) or consulting firm or similar industry experience
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, interface with client management, gather facts, organize data, analyze financial statements and other financial data, identify relevant issues and propose solutions
* Considerable experience with valuation techniques and methodologies within a business valuation firm or practice in one of more of the following areas: discounted cash flow, market-based approaches, option pricing models, Monte Carlo and binomial models, derivatives,
* Strong project management skills including the ability to manage staff on projects of varying sizes, along with a passion for developing and retaining talent
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req9977_Philadelphia
Line of Business: Consulting Services
SubFunction: FC Valuation Services
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req9977_Philadelphia
Location: 30 S 17th St Suite 710, , Philadelphia, PA US