At RSM, Senior Associates work with companies of every size in various industries. They develop strong working relationships with clients built on understanding their businesses and challenges, and with people at all levels in their own and other service lines built on working as one firm of trusted advisors to our clients. Senior Associates work on multiple team engagements at once, including several pieces of any particular assignment - not just one part. Working in a mutually respectful team environment helps our Senior Associates develop their technical and business skills, and to perform at their best and integrate their career with their personal life.
Examples of the candidate's responsibilities include:
* U.S. federal income tax compliance with respect to international business activities ? focus will be on guiding Associates and reviewing their work, but will also include preparation of more complex returns
* Assisting with the preparation or audit of the international portion of income tax provisions
* Developing a solid understanding of tax technical support for filing positions, including referring to the Internal Revenue Code, Treasury Regulations, other IRS materials (Rulings, etc.) and case law
* Working on a team to advise clients regarding international transactions and deliver innovative cross-border strategies
* Building strong international tax planning relationships with RSM affiliates
* Performing tax research and planning
* Understanding tax treaties, laws and regulations
* Writing memoranda, preparing PowerPoint slides, and other written documentation on complex tax issues for multinational businesses
* Becoming increasingly involved in developing cutting edge tax ideas that could significantly lessen clients' global effective tax rates
How we will support you:
* You will be part of a dynamic, growth-minded team with over 27 years' combined experience in international tax, including over 22 years in Big 4 international tax practices
* Senior team members that are committed to training and developing junior team members
* Training programs at the local, regional and national level
* We've got each other's backs so we can all have lives outside of work
* Have met education requirement to be licensed as a CPA
* Have a CPA license, or actively pursuing a license
* 2 to 3 years' experience in international tax, including preparing compliance for mid- to large-sized companies
* Desire to develop as an international tax subject matter expert and a client advisor
* Travel to assigned client locations might be required ? must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Ability to work effectively on a team, sometimes in person, sometimes virtual
* Ability to work and multitask in a fast-paced environment
* Desire to be an integral part of growth culture
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req8933
Line of Business: Tax Services
SubFunction: International Tax
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req8933
Location: 30 South 17th Street, Suite 710, , Philadelphia, PA US
Region: Northeast Region
Job Category: Tax
Employment Type: Current Openings
Degree Required: Bachelor
Associated topics: analyze, bi, business, business analytic, business systems analyst, financial analyst, financial reporting analyst, guidance, refinement, valuation analyst
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.