- Renaissance Westchester
- $41,295.00 -81,710.00/year*
Hospitality - Lodging/Resort/Travel
61 Buckout Rd
Highgate is a premier real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in U.S. gateway markets including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu. Highgate also has an expanding presence in key European markets through properties in London, Paris, Barcelona, Vienna and Prague. Highgate's portfolio of global properties represents an aggregate asset value exceeding $10B and generates over $2B in cumulative revenues. The company provides expert guidance through all stages of the hospitality property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate also has the creativity and bandwidth to develop bespoke hotel brands and utilizes industry leading proprietary revenue management tools that identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive out performance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the industry's most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in London, New York, Dallas, and Seattle. Location
The Renaissance Westchester is modern, newly renovated hotel that offers a retreat-like setting, located one hour North of Manhattan. Nestled on 30 acres of scenic countryside in West Harrison, New York, the hotel offers a comfortable and relaxing oasis just a short distance from the hustle and bustle of New York City. The hotel recently completed a $12 million dollar guestroom, front desk, lobby and restaurant revitalization project and offers 348 guestrooms (including 7 suites) with plush bedding and upscale amenities. Employment Status
The Room Service Server is responsible for receiving orders, preparing orders and delivering items to guestrooms in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Responsibilities
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Prepare station in anticipation of the day's business. Stock work areas with china, glassware, linen, coffee pots, napkins and ensure that stock is clean and polished.
- Set-up and deliver all VIP amenities.
- Set-up and deliver all food and beverage orders in accordance with established guidelines, procedures and policies as prescribed by Highgate Standards.
- Answer the telephone according to standards.
- Be familiar with the operation of the P.O.S system.
- Deliver orders according to established standards.
- Breakdown trays of soiled dishes and linen in the dishroom according to established standards.
- Conduct floor sweeps and retrieve all food and beverage trays in order to maintain established sanitation guidelines.
- Ensure quality of food & beverage being delivered and communicate with Manager/Kitchen.
- Prepare and deliver amenities. Replenish as needed.
- Call all guests before delivery of order.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials and up-sell items to guests.
- Perform opening and closing procedures and side-work duties according to station rotation assignment, established checklist, and hotel's operating policies and procedures.
- Perform cashiering functions by closing checks and preparing end of shift paperwork.
- Respond to customer needs, issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales. Report all communications to immediate shift supervisor.
- Perform all cash handling responsibilities in accordance with Highgate policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with the organization of the Restaurant(s), lounge, and Room Service and know the function of each job position.
- Service guests with all food and beverage requirements in an attentive, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Communicate guest needs to proper department.
- Handle guest's complaints and communicate to management.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
Associated topics: aide, guest room, ihg, janitorial, planchador de lavanderia, pool attendant, resort, room attendant, sands, suite attendant
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...