This is a great opportunity for an experienced Human Resources Business Partner! Throughout this role you will provide HR leadership in supporting the Global Clinical Solutions department, as global business unit (650 globally, 500 US), focusing on high growth heath care markets.
You will ensure smooth and effective HR leadership in coordination with relevant countries to the Global Clinical Solutions business unit across all areas of people management including strategic workforce planning, talent acquisition, training and development, compensation & benefits, leadership development and succession planning. The position provides a leadership role in defining and developing a culture that enables employees to perform in achieving the business objectives.
As a Sr Director, HR Business Partner you will be a key member of the Global Clinical Solutions Management Team and co-develop and own the business unit strategy and the leadership of human resource-related initiatives that support these goals.
You will be based in US HQ in Philadelphia and will be reporting to SVP, Human Resources for Global Health Markets and North America.
On this exciting global role, you will be responsible for:
* Supporting management on change management initiatives and lead HR work streams as required, with a data-driven approach, and strong focus on revenue realization. * Providing guidance and expertise in organization structure and design to ensure support of the short- and long-term goals of the organization. * Identifying and managing key metrics and analytics to support decisions driving the people agenda for the business * Accountable for ensuring country legal and legislative compliance at all times
* Partnering with Business Leaders to execute on existing Operating Plans and develop plans to further improve profitability and revenue growth (support change initiatives, M&A activity and other key initiatives) * Working with overall Head of HR to provide strategic direction to the business in the development and execution of the HR strategy plan in line with the overall business strategy * Functioning as the HR lead for business management teams / client group(s). Functioning as partner and confidante in all areas of Human Resources and work to address issues identified. * Leading workforce planning for assigned client group(s), ensuring short term and long-term talent requirements are identified and action plans developed in partnership with talent acquisition organization
* Leading the deployment of all relevant Talent Management processes in assigned client group(s) to ensure identification, assessment and development of talent required to deliver business objectives. * Champion talent management in the organization to ensure improved attraction, retention and development of staff in a way which improves performance of the business and builds the bench strength of the management team. * Coaching and developing the leadership team to work cohesively and effectively, building on their management capabilities and ensuring that they improve the performance and output of their own people resources. * Working with the business management team and the Talent development CoE to identify and develop appropriate business and customer focused development programs. * Driving effective implementation of the performance management processes to accomplish strategic initiatives and build a culture of effective coaching between managers and employees.
Engagement & Culture
* Communicating and reinforcing the company's values, beliefs and philosophies about people to enable us to develop a high performing organization. * Enhancing company culture change by diagnosing current and desired states, gaps between them and actions necessary to move from one to the other. * Supporting and/or lead business projects e.g. Employee Opinion Survey, as required * Ensuring equitable and consistent management of the company's compensation programs working with Compensation and senior management in reviewing business needs and attracting and retaining key talent to ensure competitiveness within market. Including supporting the compensation plan nominations and proposals. *
Employee Relations & Performance Management
* Working with line managers, provide personal performance coaching and feedback to key individuals in business area and identify solutions for coaching and development needs. * Managing employee relation matters as appropriate.
People Management and Cross Functional Teams
* Position has 1-2 direct reports * As senior leader on US HR leadership team, will be required to lead cross functional teams on a project basis to improve talent outcomes, employee experience and HR operational delivery.
To be successful on this role, your background will be mix of following:
* Broad experience as Senior HR Business Partner to a global Business Unit * Strong understanding of Comp & Ben, Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Organization Design * Business oriented HR professional who is keenly interested in the customer and commercial aspects of the business * Excellent analytical skills including experience of workforce planning, business reporting and a fact-based decision-making style * Passion for performance coaching and management at all levels, particularly executive levels * Strong communications and influence skills * Project management and coordination skills with the ability to deliver complex change projects * Experience providing visible site leadership
* Master's degree in a relevant area with focus on Organization and HR or relevant work experience * Experience gained working across multiple industries sectors & supporting a P&L business unit * Experience of working in the high-tech industry and managing transformation of technology capability * Experience of leading a large, global business unit through a business transformation
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.
Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray's Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries.
Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.###.#### or ...@relx.com.
Associated topics: advisor, business partner, consultant, generalist, hrbp, human resources associate, human resources generalist, operations partner, professional, representative
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.