Elsevier Precision Medicine (PMed) is developing the next generate of clinical decision support and research tools which will escalate the global state of personalized medicine use in healthcare. Together with our partners, we leverage big data, machine learning technology, analytics, and predictive approaches to help facilitate the creation of and deployment of knowledge for use by clinicians to improve diagnosis and treatment.
Reporting to the Software Engineering Lead we now require a talented, 'hands-on' full-stack Senior Software Engineer to be part of a small development squad of 3 people in this innovative healthcare environment focused on the development of new Health Data Management (HDM) components for the data management and computational layers. Our squads enjoy full autonomy regarding how they go about delivering against long and short-term goals, helping to ensure alignment and quality.
This is a particularly high-profile project within Elsevier and you will be supported to grow your development/engineering skills by team members.
Preferred experience and technology requirements:
* 3-5 years progressive experience operating as a Software Engineer developing web service applications in an Agile environment
* Experience building applications with a heavy ? structured & unstructured - data / back end module focus
* Experience developing for the cloud (AWS preferred)
* Demonstrable experience developing secure code for database applications
* Strong communication skills and commercial awareness.
Nice to haves:
* Experience developing containerized microservices using Kubernetes and/or Docker
* Experience developing with a serverless architecture
* Experience with developing Big Data applications
* Involvement in the developer community and/or contributor to the Open source community is a plus.
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers. Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancet and Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray's Anatomy.
Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.###.#### or ...@relx.com.
Associated topics: .net, architecture, back end, c/c++, c#, java, matlab, php, senior, software engineer lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.