The Clinical Solutions team within Elsevier is focused on helping healthcare professionals improve clinical outcomes through evidence-based care at every stage in the patient journey.
Our products and services are designed to help caregivers, professionals, and students improve practice, encourage broad and deep adoption of exceptional professional practice guidelines, and promote a culture of quality across health organizations.
The Elsevier Clinical Solutions Platform team supports customer-facing product owners in delivering technology solutions across this full healthcare continuum, from patient engagement to clinical decision support, to education and reference.
As a Product Manager II, reporting directly to the Head of Product for Platforms, you will own the products and services in the health data management business. You will work closely with internal and external customers, cross-functional team members and stakeholders, and other Platform product owners to shape the future of the product offerings to help realize the Clinical Solutions strategy. The health data management solutions help both internal and external customers securely manage patient datasets and leverage that data to drive insights within clinical decisions support systems.
* Maintains a solid understanding of customer use cases across the portfolio, specifically those involving sensitive health/patient data.
* Actively seeks various options and opinions, then balances complex conflicting priorities and helps drive reusable, forward-looking solutions for complicated design challenges.
* Works directly with customers and with other customer-facing product owners to develop platform vision and roadmap aligned with business strategy.
* Evangelizes and champions the product vision and objectives to all stakeholders.
* Utilizes and extends the company's platform and underlying technologies to support new product features.
* Understands relevant emerging technologies and how they may be applied within the organization.
* Employs evidence-based decision making to test and iterate on product features.
* Writes business documentation for an executive audience.
* Identifies and highlights new trends, potential problems, and opportunities early.
* Encourages and coach's others to seek alternative ways to solve complex problems.
* Develops new ideas to improve process and product and can drive iterative and incremental implementation.
* Helps others understand situations by communicating business context.
* Establishes rapport with others on the team and across teams and looks for ways for team to work with other teams and divisions.
Experience: 4-6 years in technology Product Management
* Long-term ownership and success in leading product lifecycle strategy and planning, including the release of multiple, integrated products and features, preferably working with inter-organizational APIs, including those within the health domain.
* Experience working with protected health/patient data and the associated regulations and necessary protections, as well as a solid grasp of information architecture best practices.
* Experience leading to demonstrable results working collaboratively with engineering, design, and user research teams.