The Linux/Network Administrator will be responsible for the setup, configuration, implementation and monitoring of our Oracle Cloud Linux environment.
* Candidate will work on server hardening to ensure all servers and applications are setup securely.
* Responsible for Linux OS patches as well as application patches and maintenance.
* The team member will collaborate with others, including developers, consultants and end users on server and application requirements.
* Administer user access to servers and applications all within the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure as well as on premise Windows Active Directory.
* Create and maintain virtual networking and security lists
* Administer user access thru Cloud tools and Windows Active Directory
* Keep documentation updated Configure and install various network devices and Services
* Keeps current on new technologies while keeping certificates current
* Maintain best practices on managing servers and networking
* Work with networking and security teams to optimize network connectivity, Windows Active Directory integration and enhance security
* Work on all aspects of Linux virtual servers? Install and support servers in a Microsoft Windows Environment
* Provide application and service support to developers
* Troubleshoot various issues to determine root cause
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Related Experience:
* Bachelors Degree (BS/BA); Computer Science or related field
* 2+ years of related experience
* Must have hands on and practical experience with Linux servers
* Proficient with Linux network tools such as iptables, firewalld, NTP, SNMP etc
* Proficient with Linux user security, visudo, rights, etc
* Experience with Linux logging
* Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting
* Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Linux services such as Apache, Tomcat, etc.
* Experience with SSL certificates, self-signed and Certificate Authority
* Schedule upgrades for server and application patches
* Oracle Linux is preferred but other versions will be considered
* Familiarity with Oracle and SQL databases is a plus
* Virtualization and Cloud experience is a plus
* Knowledge of networking concepts: firewalls, routers, switches, DNS, DHCP, load balancers, etc.
* Knowledge of Windows Active Directory? Linux certifications will be considered an advantage
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Must be willing to travel and work weekends as required
* Will share on-call responsibilities on a rotation basis
Reliance Standard Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal state or local laws.