- Recruit Professional Services
125 Janelle Blvd
Overview of Role
Individual will be a member of a network operations team that provides 24/7 monitoring, support & escalation for global back-office, production, trading & broking service infrastructure.Principal Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Skills and Experience
- Provide reliable and quality, Network Operations desk support in an electronic, financial services, 24X7 production environment.
- Handle trouble calls as the first point of contact; used as a hub to escalate & communicate to other technical groups/management.
- Record and track problem events and follow up to ensure resolution and/or escalate to Level 2 as necessary.
- Be a self-starter with superior interpersonal skills required to interface with management, technical, financial and operator personnel.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in a logical, organized fashion, verbally and in writing with co-workers, superiors, and corporate users.
- Experience using HP Openview (NNM & Operations), Big Brother, Netcool or similar event monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of Networking concepts; LAN; WAN; TCP/IP; routers; switches; subnets; DMZ; Firewall.
- Strong knowledge and experience troubleshooting WAN and LAN related issues; MPLS, T1, T3, DS3, BGP, EIGRP, ISIS, MetroE
- Experience using Help Desk/Trouble-Ticket software, such as HP ServiceDesk or Remedy.
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems: 98, 2000, XP, 7 and Microsoft Office applications.
- Intermediate understanding of Networking concepts; LAN; WAN; TCP/IP; routers; switches; subnets; DMZ; Firewall.
- Prior alert escalation experience, including paging; conferencing; e-mails; cell/home calling.
- Have prior Network Operations or related Computer Operations experience.
- Must be able to:
- Follow routine checklist of tasks per shift (Many tasks to complete daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/annually).
- Run manual applications processes, confirm completion, reporting; printing tasks triggered by jobs
- Work unsupervised and work well in a team.
- Provide status updates to management and turnover reporting to other shifts & departments.
- Write incidents reports & keep a timeline of events during outage periods.
- Follow procedures; provide updates; ask questions; take action; follow up on missing; incomplete or unresolved issues.
- Must be:
- Organized with the ability to multitask.
- Able to prioritize workload
- Punctual when reporting for shifts; above average attendance is critical.
- Able to work/cover other shifts during holidays; staffing shortages; emergency cases.
- Reasonably flexible with schedule, work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Give guidance and training to junior members of the team
- Must have Team Leading or Man Management Experience
- Experience with fault management, escalation and Customer engagement.
- Experience dealing with service providers and vendors
- Demonstrable ability to manage and diagnose LAN and WAN problems.
- Equivalent to completion of two years of college-level coursework in computer science, information technology or a related field.
- Prior NOC experience preferred.
- Cisco CCNA or CCENT certification preferred.
Loading some great jobs for you...