- Reading Health System
Healthcare - Nursing
1103 Market St
Tower Health Urgent Care has an opportunity for an experienced Nurse Practitioner in our Urgent Care network. We are the largest provider of urgent care services, based on weekly visits, in the metropolitan Philadelphia area. Our Urgent Care locations are open 365 days a year and offers patients access to advanced, comprehensive care from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.. A competitive salary, PTO, CME allowance, malpractice insurance, medical benefits and a 403(b) await you!
Job Description: Provide primary and episodic care to patients both independently and in collaboration with other medical professionals. Follows standards and protocols set by the sponsoring physician. Works with clinical team to maintain patient flow and deliver maximum quality care to patients.
* Perform complete physical exams, assessments, and diagnoses of patients of all ages, including urgent, emergent and non-urgent presentation.
* Select, order, perform and interpret tests, analyses and diagnostic images to provide information on patient condition and augment physical findings.
* Analyze reports and findings of tests to diagnose patients.
* Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness and injury.
* Perform procedures including (but not limited to) laceration repair, abscess I&D, orthopedic procedures and provide referrals to medical/surgical specialists.
* Perform and interpret EKGs.
* Explain procedures and discuss test results and prescribed treatments with patients/parents.
* Notate findings and treatment course in patient chart including follow-up notes. Use EHR appropriately.
* Follow infection control protocols, including proper hand washing techniques.
* Train new providers (physician, PA and NP) in Urgent Care medicine.
* Review charts of mid-level providers and sign or co-sign those supervised, or assigned.
* Other jobs and duties as assigned.
Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing, Certification as a Nurse Practitioner, State Licensure as well as:
2+ Years Experience, State and Federal licensure requirements, ALCS/PALS Certification, DEA Understanding of Medical Coding and Billing, Knowledge of State and Federal Regulations including OSHA, HIPAA and Blood Borne Pathogens, and DOT certification. BLS certification
Experience in Urgent Care Medicine or Emergency Medicine strongly preferred!
Associated topics: aprn, bsn, certified nurse midwife, locum, np, nurse practitioner, nurse specialist, prn, spanish, specialist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...