Requisition ID 134386BR Date updated 02/25/2019
Raytheon Intelligence and Information Services (IIS) - Cyber Security & Special Missions (CSM) - Cyber Protection Solutions (CPS) has an immediate opening for a Principal Cyber Security Analyst. The candidate will be able to effectively analyze all relevant cyber security event data and other information sources for suspicious network traffic, attack indicators and potential security breaches; produce reports, assist in coordination during incidents, and customer briefings. This position is located in Dulles, VA.
Responsibilities will include:
* The qualified candidate will assess network threats such as computer viruses, exploits, and malicious attacks;
* Determining true threats, false positives and network system misconfigurations and provide solutions to issues detected in a timely manner;
* Monitor for potential compromise, intrusion, deficiency, significant event or threat to the security posture and security baseline;
* Update and maintain standard operating procedures and other technical documentation
* This role will also lead and mentor junior analysts, manage the SOC schedules, lead incident escalations, and be customer facing.
Prior experience working in one of the following:
* Security Operations Center (SOC)/Network Operations Center (NOC)
* Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT)
* Experience in the detection, response, mitigation, and/or reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks and one or more of the following:
* Experience in computer intrusion analysis and incident response
* Working knowledge of Intrusion detection/protection systems
* Knowledge and understanding of network devices, multiple operating systems, and secure architectures
* Working knowledge of network protocols and common services
* System log analysis
* Current experience with network intrusion detection and response operations (Protect, Defend, Respond and Sustain methodology)
* Experience responding to and resolving situations caused by network attacks
* Ability to assess information of network threats such as scans, computer viruses or complex attacks
* Working knowledge of WAN/LA concepts and technologies
* SIEM content Analysis, Development and Testing
* Familiarity with packet analysis to include:
* HTTP Headers & Status codes
* SMTP Traffic & Status codes
* FTP Traffic & Status Codes
* Or related advanced IT certification
Speaks English fluently
* Personality traits: Leader, naturally curious and inquisitive nature; persistent and determined; loves solving problems and puzzles; analytically rigorous; uncompromising integrity.
* Experience with firewalls, routers or antivirus appliances a plus
* Experience working on a 24x7x365 watch desk environment
* Experience with industry standard help desk tools
Required Education and experience:
Bachelor's Degree with 8 years of experience in IT with a concentration in security operations and analysis. Additional experience may be substituted for education (2 years of work experience for each year of education).
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.