A career in our Financial Operations practice, within Finance Consulting services, will provide the opportunity to work alongside CEOs, CFOs, controllers and treasurers to optimise the structure of their finance functions and improve their contribution to the business. We support our clients by addressing the challenges of achieving appropriate standards of control, efficient back office opportunities and support to the business through insight and challenge. Our team helps clients transform their finance function by executing strategies to reduce functional and operational complexity through streamlined processes, optimise d use of technology, and efficient use of resources to deliver cost effective, high quality services to all stakeholders.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively lead the practise by setting strategy, drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines
* Building strong networks within the firm to spot and capitalise on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading across a number of different business units and sectors
* Identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities
* Responsibility for a majority of day to day client communications
* Responsibility to shape and deliver various projects that exceed the expectations of our clients and our own assignment quality criteria
* Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
* Responsibility for management of engagement financials
* Helping to grow and develop our team through hands on training and coaching
Demonstrates some proven knowledge and success in roles providing finance and accounting processes in transaction processing, close and consolidation, budgeting and forecasting, and internal and external reporting, which includes the following:
* Process improvement in, industry knowledge, and applications of at least one of the following focus areas: shared service and outsourcing, finance transformation, performance management, financial systems optimization, and talent management;
* Managerial cost accounting, financial modeling and industry systems/processes;
* ERP systems, including Hyperion, PeopleSoft, Oracle, Info/Ed.
Demonstrates proven abilities and success with identifying and addressing client needs: building solid relationships with clients; developing an awareness of Firm services; communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.
Demonstrates proven abilities and success as a Manager of a team: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; providing guidance, clarification and feedback to less-experienced staff.
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
8+ year of Advisory Consulting experience
Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting, Business Administration/Management, Finance
CPA helpful, but not required.
75% to 85% Travel Required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Associated topics: chief financial officer, financial director, general manager, general operational manager, general operations manager, manage, organizational culture, president finance, senior director, supervise
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.