1103 Market St
A career in our Cloud and Network Architecture practice, within Cloud Computing and Networking services, will provide you with the opportunity to focus on the joint business relationship between PwC and Google, HP, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, and other cloud based platforms that bring new and innovative services to some of the largest companies. We help our clients adopt the cloud to transform Information Technology, scale and streamline operations and create new cloud based businesses through our strong alliances. You'll be at the forefront of helping organisations around the globe adopt innovative technology solutions that optimise business processes or enable scalable technology. Our team helps organisations transform their network architecture and infrastructure to fundamentally change the role of Information Technology from an custodial asset to an orchestrator of business services. As part of the team, you'll focus on the architecture of data centres, including the design and implementation of network architecture and information storage to optimise innovation and programme delivery for our clients.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
* Be involved in the financial management of clients
* Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
* Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
* Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
* Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
* Train, coach, and supervise staff
* Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
* Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge with leading and managing private, public or hybrid cloud environment-related Business Systems Integrations solutions, which includes the following:
* Leveraging extensive knowledge of the following areas to create and deliver cloud computing solutions to meet PwC's and the client's objectives: Enterprise Architecture, Integration Strategy and Roadmap, Service Oriented Architecture, Vendor Selection, Business Process Management, Systems Architecture and AnyShore Delivery;
* Delivering cloud based application architectures and development, integration, distributed data management, and application testing;
* Understanding hardware virtualization (servers, storage, and networks), grid computing, internet security architectures (including application and integration), protocols and standards;
* Conceptualizing, presenting and executing ideas within a tight schedule, with particular emphases on serving as a technical lead on development projects with on-shore and off-shore components, or a team lead or architect across multiple software development projects;
* Building on existing investments in virtualization, service oriented architecture, and web solutions, while leveraging mature concepts, architectures, and technologies largely borrowed from the mainframe;
* Collaborating with other technical and non-technical team members, clients, and vendors in technology neutral language to define, build, and deliver solutions; and,
* Progressing in professional IT roles of increasing responsibility from Developer to Architect and Team Lead to Program and/or Project Manager across multiple technology implementation systems.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success with utilizing the following technologies to provide architecture cloud computing and virtualization-based solutions that include, but are not limited to the following:
* Backend languages: Java, C, C++;
* Side-server scripting language: PHP, Python, Ruby;
* Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Google Apps, Rackspace Cloud, Eucalyptus and similar technology set.
Proven extensive track record of success leading and managing business development opportunities and/or engagements from pre-sale and initial scoping through final delivery and signoff. Consistent and extensive knowledge of utilizing creative problem-solving abilities and a consistent consultancy mindset while working on, as well as proven intimate knowledge of researching problems and/or issues and developing and offering effective solutions for, clients' initiatives related to Business Systems Integrations solutions and Cloud Application Transformation.
Proven extensive ability to develop strategy; as well as write, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently; to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management, which includes whitepapers, studies and client briefings.
Demonstrates extensive abilities as a team leader: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; participating in various staff recruitment and retention activities; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Associated topics: information architect, infrastructure architect, ip, maintain, network, principal systems engineer, senior engineer, server, system integrator, systems integration architect
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...