The Senior Accountant is responsible for the monthly close tasks related to Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC). This position will review and analyze monthly data to prepare invoices, accrue revenue and expenses, prepare Medicare FQHC Cost Reports, and assist in the preparation of the corporate budget order. This position will be responsible for determining the accuracy of data in relationship to PHMC's policies/procedures along with the cost principles of PHMC's various funders.
* Prepare program budgets and assist in the preparation of the corporate budget.
* Prepare monthly financial statement reports.
* Prepare quarterly wrap reports.
* Prepare and reconcile monthly, quarterly and annual billing reports and invoices.
* Prepare actual expenses vs. approved budget reports for program directors.
* Prepare and record revenue and expense accrual journal entries.
* Prepare Medicare Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) Cost Reports.
* Provide advice and financial technical assistance to program staff.
* Reconcile general ledger accounts as needed.
* Review, research and resolve billing issues and discrepancies.
* Oversees maintenance of account files, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
* Work with funders in order to ensure PHMC is paid in a timely manner.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Proficiency with electronic data reporting and retrieval, electronic mail, and web-based applications.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
* Experience in using Microsoft Dynamics NAV and/or Jet Reports a plus.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
* Strong problem solving.
* Demonstrate ability to work independently and to organize and prioritize work.
* Knowledge of Medicare Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) Cost Reports a plus.
* Strong General Ledger skills: ability to analyze accounts and create journal entries
* Experienced in budgeting and financial statement preparation & analysis.
* Experience with Cost Allocation systems (ability to allocate costs over multiple programs).
* Must possess technical and professional accounting skills, ability to develop financial and other operational systems. Must have excellent knowledge of PC and related accounting applications. Strong written and verbal skills are required to present oral and written reports to Senior Staff, and Program staff. Must possess analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to work and communicate effectively with all funders.
* BS in Accounting. Must have at least 3 years of accounting experience.
* Please email resume along with salary history. Note, no resumes will be reviewed without salary history.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.