- Public Health Management Corporation
- $67,900.00 -111,780.00/year*
1103 Market St
The Research and Evaluation Group at Public Health Management Corporation (R&E Group) is seeking a full-time Research Assistant to join its team. R&E Group conducts applied research and evaluation, including work on program efficacy, intervention effectiveness, and needs assessments. The right candidate will enjoy a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic work environment where there is an opportunity to contribute to multiple projects focused on tobacco prevention and control; lung cancer; asthma; COPD; and air quality.
The Research Assistant will report to a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager and should be prepared to work on multiple evaluation and research projects, supporting data collection, analysis, and dissemination. Specific duties may include literature reviews; data collection instrument development; data cleaning and coding; interviewing/data collection; transcription of focus groups and interviews; infographic design; data analysis; and report writing. Research Assistants are also responsible for contributing to grant proposals on a regular basis and supporting internal department operations through participation in team efforts to improve department expertise, workflow, visibility, and culture.
R&E Group is committed to creating a pathway for employees to further their careers and encouraging growth within the department and beyond. Professional development opportunities are available for all R&E Group employees. These may include, but are not limited to: presentations at national and local conferences; continuing education opportunities through academic partnerships; participation in work-related seminars; and contributions to scholarly publications. We are an equal opportunity employer who holds diversity and inclusion as values central to our mission and essential for our success. For us, this means promoting diversity of thought, experience, and culture, and creating an environment where all are respected, empowered, and safe to express their unique perspectives. We are committed to fostering and embracing our multilayered diversity; we strive to ensure that all R&E Group staff members are equally valued for their contributions to our team.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to apply. The required cover letter is not just a formality; it is an opportunity to both demonstrate strong writing and explain how your skills and experiences translate to the work of R&E Group and make you a good fit for this position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
* Conduct internet research and literature reviews.
* Develop, test and administer data collection instruments.
* Code, clean and analyze data using SPSS, Excel or other software.
* Conduct interviews and assist with focus group administration; complete transcription of qualitative interviews and focus groups.
* Support proposals and grant writing activities by assisting other team members with the submission of a minimum of four proposals per year. Proposal tasks may include, but are not limited to: proposal task management; form completion; literature reviews; managing references and citations; drafting sections of proposal content; developing graphics and charts; and obtaining letters of support.
* Assist with the preparation of report deliverables, data requests, presentations and publications.
* Engage with study participants, community members, and clients in a way that is inclusive and respectful of cultural differences.
* Participate in a minimum of two training or professional development opportunities each year that are focused on skills development.
* Participate in at least one department team each year tasked with improving department expertise, workflow, visibility, and culture. Most teams are short-term commitments, and staff are encouraged to exceed the minimum participation requirement.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Strong analytical, interpersonal, record-keeping, organizational, and time management skills.
* Knowledge of primary and secondary data collection techniques.
* Comfortable using computer-assisted data analysis and graphics programs, including Excel and PowerPoint. SPSS skills are also preferred.
* Advanced data visualization skills are not required, but are an enormous plus. Advanced skills might include technical proficiency in developing high-quality charts and the ability to select data visualization techniques appropriate to the data and audience at hand.
* Knowledge of basic descriptive and inferential statistics.
* Readiness to solve problems, learn new skills, volunteer for unassigned work, and proactively seek assistance when needed.
* Welcoming to all and ready to work with a dynamic and diverse team.
* Data collection and analysis experience required.
* Experience communicating with non-academic audiences about data collection and/or findings.
* Experience working on grants and proposals preferred.
* Experience working with underserved communities.
* BA/BS in social sciences, public health, education, or related field.
* Commensurate with education and experience.
Associated topics: ad 1730 00, education, educational, education research, educational research, k 12, learning, librarian, teaching method, teacher training
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...