- Public Health Management Corporation
- $50,990.00 -76,540.00/year*
1103 Market St
The Program Evaluation Research Assistant has two major roles: (1) to help ensure the successful completion of research activities in MCFH, such as surveillance, evaluation and the production of statistical reports and (2) to coordinate and evaluate the Running Start Book Club, an initiative to promote early childhood literacy
This position is responsible for supporting research by working closely with the Program Evaluation and Surveillance Manager to ensure high quality data, useful reports, and to meet the needs of the staff working on MCFH projects. The Research Assistant position requires strong oral and written communication skills, data manipulation skills, and computer skills, including proficiency in the use of analytic software.
This position will also act as coordinator for the Running Start Book Club. Responsibilities include maintaining the Health Department's partnership with Read by Fourth and the National Wildlife Federation, providing newborns born in Philadelphia and their families with educational resources and reading materials, and evaluating the impact of the Running Start Book Club on early childhood literacy and health with the Program Evaluation and Surveillance Manager.
* Maintaining the vital data connection with the state, including downloading, cleaning, and distributing birth and death records.
* Using SAS and/or SPSS to conduct complex data management and data analysis to support the research needs of MCFH and the Health Commissioner's Office.
* Ensuring data quality and timeliness of report submission (which may include some data entry).
* Processing of data requests from external partners, which may involve the de-identification of datasets or the production of data summaries.
* Conducting data analysis for reports to support Title V and Healthy Start funded programs. These will include quarterly and yearly surveillance reports and needs assessment reports.
* Assisting in the creation of data collection tools.
* Assisting in geographic mapping of data using ArcGIS software.
* Coordinate and distribute early childhood first books to the six birthing hospitals in Philadelphia.
* Link families to educational resources and reading materials through the Health Department's partnership with National Wildlife Federation and Read by Fourth,
* Evaluate the impact of the Running Start book Club on early childhood literacy.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong data skills: data collection, coding, cleaning, management, and analysis
* Strong organizational skills
* Knowledge of SAS required
* Demonstrated experience with SPSS
* Experience with ArcGIS software desired
* Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
* At least two (2) years of demonstrated experience with required skill set.
* Skills maybe demonstrated through employment history or academic studies.
* Standard office setting at workstation and periodic use of office equipment.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
* Full time position, typical hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, or as needed.
* Local travel to multiple sites and community meetings, upon request.
* Transporting materials is limited to travel, if needed.
Required Experience and Education:
* Master's in public health with a concentration in epidemiology or biostatistics, or MA/MS in biostatistics or statistics is strongly preferred.
* Highly qualified Bachelor's degree with demonstrated skills in biostatistics is considered.
Salary and Benefits:
* $45,000 - $47,000 and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Our employee benefits package can include:
* Medical with vision benefits
* Dental insurance
* Flexible spending accounts
* Life, D & D and long-term care insurance
* Short and long-term disability insurance
* 403 (b) Retirement Plan, with company contribution
* Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal, and holiday
* Employee Assistance Program
Associated topics: assistant, client support, edi, excel, help desk, information technology help desk, information technology support, msword, support, technical support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...