The CHANCES Program Director is responsible for overseeing daily clinical, administrative and programmatic operations of the CHANCES Outpatient and Intensive Outpatient Substance Use Treatment Program for women and men, including ensuring the clinical integrity of the program, ensuring compliance with program budgets and revenue, as well as program development and strategic planning. The Director will oversee all CHANCES program staff and provides direct supervision to clinicians and interns. This person is responsible for ensuring all treatment charts adhere to quality standards set forth by funders, licensing entities and PHMC. The Program Director reports to the PHMC Senior Director of Addiction Services.
Administration and Finance
* Work collaboratively with CHANCES and PHMC staff, including collaboratively with other PHMC substance use treatment programs on program and administrative issues. * Encourage a positive working environment through the management and training of programmatic and administrative staff. * Provide direct supervision and oversight of staff, including clinical supervision to therapists, clinical staff, and student interns. * Promote and maintain relationships in the community with referral sources, human service agencies, government oversight agencies and funders, and other behavioral health programs representatives. * Regularly monitor program budget, expenditure reports, and financial position. * Ensure timely submission of billing, claims and other revenue sources, to ensure positive program cash flow and compliance with payor requirements. * Regularly monitor the receipt of authorizations from all funders (including CBH and BHSI) and program billing; * Ensure compliance with all billing requirements and clinical documentation, and maintain consistent and accurate billing systems and records. * Work to ensure maximum program census and attendance. * Authorize program expenditures, under supervision of the PHMC management team. * Work with PHMC Controller to develop annual program budgets, review expenditures, revenue, and regular financial monitoring reports, and communicate program financial status to staff. * Help to identify potential additional revenue sources and assist in ensuring that necessary revenue is available.
* Responsible for program staff hiring, in consult with Senior Director for Addiction Services as needed. * Evaluate and supervise all program personnel according to PHMC performance review guidelines and timelines. * Develop and implement strategies to maintain high staff morale and promote continued professional development among staff. * Ensure that all staff receive appropriate education and training, in accordance with regulatory and PHMC guidelines, taking into account each funder's requirements and staff's professional development goals; Help to identify and develop training opportunities.
* Promote environment of program growth in accordance with PHMC Strategic Plan * Help improve CHANCES programs, identify new funding opportunities, and develop new programs and/or programming. * Establish relationships with key funders * Assist in identification of unmet needs * Work to continuously fine-tune the program model to respond to clients' changing needs. * Develop a research agenda and develop appropriate partnerships to support this agenda. * Work collaboratively with other PHMC behavioral health programs and other PHMC departments on program development opportunities. * Help write proposals, as needed.
* Provide utilization reviews to the following funders: Community Behavioral Health (CBH), BHSI, C-CBH, and Magellan for participants to ensure authorization and funding of services. Goal is 99% financial reimbursement rate. * Work closely with IOP Therapist and Admissions Coordinator to review all outstanding authorizations for residential and IOP participants. * Ensure the smooth flow of the treatment program on a daily basis, including coverage for all groups each day. * Create weekly Case Review Schedule and facilitate weekly meetings with the clinical team * Review all client community proposals and make recommendation to program director * Assign new clients to primary therapist * Facilitate an Outpatient Group for all outpatient participants on a weekly basis. * Ensure treatment program schedule is kept up to date and distributed to staff and clients every week * In conjunction with medical assistant, ensure psychiatrist program schedule is devised * Review all written progress reports to outside agencies and courts when deemed necessary and insure confidentiality standards are upheld * Ensure that all monthly criminal justice and funder reports are completed, signed and submitted in a timely manner * Generate monthly productivity report and provide update to PHMC Senior Director of Addiction Services. * Liaison to outside agencies working with the program, such as Core Services, Gearing Up, Dance and Movement Therapy, Spirituality Group and any other consultants providing direct service * Provide presentations on CHANCES program to funders and various community agencies when needed * Provide individual and/or group therapy during therapist absences * Review and sign all clinical documents and ensure documents reflect recovery oriented language and action steps. * Assist in the admission process by interviewing prospective candidates and screening to ensure appropriateness * Perform clinical reviews to funder when deemed necessary and/or in absence of clinicians * In conjunction with Admissions Coor., monitor and ensure all participants are authorized for services via data base reports and tracking * Liaison to Clinical Supervisor / Consultant * Lead weekly case reviews and maintain notes to ensure continuity and follow up
Clinical Supervision and Managerial Tasks:
* Provide supervision to all therapists * Perform rounds during the day to ensure clients are adhering to program schedule and provide conflict resolution when needed * Facilitate Morning check-in and Afternoon check-out * Attend clinical management meetings off-site * Complete annual and semi-annual performance evaluations for staff * Provide training and orientation to newly hired employees * Enhance, update, and remain current with educational advances within discipline & field through demonstrated attendance in at least 15 hours in-service or educational experience
* Serve as HIPAA Compliance Officer for Program and adhere to protocols as per PHMC and regulatory guidelines * Review and follow up on all Incident Report and perform analysis of incidents; send to appropriate agencies * Ensure staff provide documentation for all services provided via weekly analysis of productivity reports; provide written report to each therapist on findings and ensure follow up is performed by each therapist * Attend PHMC Performance Improvement Committee Meetings and serve as liaison to PHMC quality manager * Perform chart audits for treatment program and provide technical assistance to therapists regarding chart documentation when needed. * Ensure all treatment charts meet licensing and credentialing standards, including but not limited to: BDAP, CBH, BHSI and the PA State Division of D&A Licensing.
* A demonstrated understanding of addiction as well as various mental health issues, and ability to assess chart documentation for program regulatory compliance * Thorough knowledge of alcoholism and other addictions with particular awareness of the needs of women from diverse cultures and sexual orientation * Knowledge and understanding of various funders and licensing and regulatory requirements * ASAM knowledge
* Masters Degree required and 7 years experience, with at least 5 years experience in staff supervision and program administration preferred. * Successful tenure in senior management positions responsible for the oversight of both staff and program. * Excellent leadership skills and experience working as part of and guiding a team. * Strong program development and entrepreneurial skills. * Strategic and creative thinker with vision to accomplish long-term goals while supervising day-to-day operations. * Specific experience in an OP/IOP behavioral health treatment program preferred. * A thorough knowledge of addiction, mental health and family systems. * Knowledge of child development, early childhood education, and family-focused approaches * to treatment preferred. * Experience developing and ensuring compliance with clinical and administrative policies and procedures. * Experience working with state and local government oversight, licensing, and funding agencies. * Experience monitoring program budgets, bottom-line orientation, and understanding of financial pressures facing behavioral health treatment programs. * Knowledge of and experience with clinical management approaches, evidence-based treatment practices, and continuous quality improvement preferred. * Sensitivity to issues related to diversity.
* Master's degree in counseling or related field; licensed professional
* Commensurate with education and experience.
Associated topics: administrative officer, administrative support, assistant, associate, front desk, front office, operation, operational assistant, staff, support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.