The role of IT Project Manager (PM) will manage the project coordination area within the IT Department and oversee all aspects of the IT project management process. The role will be responsible for management and oversight of all IT projects. This includes engagement with the technical and business teams to ensure core IT and Business policies and procedures are followed. The role requires a strong view of PHMC's change management process to ensure the delivery of tangible results and innovation to PHMC's business community. The role also requires the ability to define tactical plans to meet security, quality, time, as well as business and financial constraints in the delivery of projects/programs on time and budget. The PM will develop an maintain strong relationships with key business stakeholders in all areas of the business. They will ensure IT plans are aligned with the business counterparts. Produce and deliver against the business initiates with supporting project plans and key milestones. Manage projects where required for significant pieces of work that require a higher level of experience. Be a part of a continuous improvement in project delivery across all IT Projects. Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required by management. This role will work with application developers, systems, and business analysts, as well as network and systems administrators and the information technology management team. The role requires excellent analytical skills, time management skills, the ability to prioritize and multi task. Most important is the ability to make effective and timely decisions in alignment with departmental direction as required.
* This is a full-time position with a five day, 40 hours/week work schedule.
* Manage and maintain Project Management function in its use in portfolio projects to meet or exceed business requirements. * Responsible for performance management of project coordinators reporting to this role. * Lead / coordinate projects across all systems. * Act as PM on large engagements requiring a higher level of experience * Responsible for the effective participation in the change management process. * Responsible for effective collaboration with leaders in application development, networking infrastructure, and database administration teams. * Provide functional expertise where necessary and appropriate. * Lead, manage, train, mentor and coach a team of project coordinators. * Challenge IT resources to ensure that deliverables are reflective of high quality and support the wider needs of the company.
* Self-directed, the ability to work independently, and being highly-motivated while bringing an entrepreneurial spirit to Information Technology operations. * Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment. * Ability to stay focused and complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner, respecting operational and organizational goals and processes. * Detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy as this role may require contact with complex and sensitive documents and/or information. * Highly organized individual capable of defining project and driving though to delivery against defined plan. * Skilled at risk and issue management. * Effective communication skills, able to engage at all levels of the organization while operating under pressure and deadlines.
* 5-7 Years of experience in managing large projects from start to completion with large number of stakeholders, which include both business and technical resources. * Experience managing projects against required deadlines, quality and cost. * Experienced in use of Microsoft Project as well as other tools and methodologies for effective resource and project management. * Knowledge of and experience in using waterfall and agile methodologies to manage IT projects.
* Bachelors degree or relevant experience required. * PMP certification from accredited institution desired.
* This position reports to the Managing Director of Information Technology
* Seeing to view a computer monitor and to read various materials * Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or on the telephone