- Public Health Management Corporation
- $50,560.00 -78,130.00/year*
Education - Post Secondary
1103 Market St
The Early Childhood Education (ECE) and Institute of Higher Education (IHE) Coordinator supports monitoring and evaluation of contracted services for the PDO Project Plan for credential and credit bearing set-aside funding at each participating IHE. The ECE and IHE Coordinator reports to the PDO Manager and collaborates with the ECE Workforce Specialist to increase access and attainment of credentials and degrees outlined in the Early Childhood Career Pathway through agreements with IHE's and regional partnerships. He/She interacts with designated IHE staff to develop plans for articulation agreements, develop course delivery in modalities accessible to non-traditional students, impart ECE cross-systems knowledge within IHE education departments and registrar functions, and reduce barriers for ECE workforce access to credit bearing programs. The ECE and IHE Coordinator meets regularly with the PDO Manager to assess opportunities to improve course deliver and accessibility for practitioners, based on stakeholder feedback inclusive of practitioners, providers, IHE's, OCDEL, and community partners.
* Provides technical assistance for IHE partners in developing ECE credential and course content, as well as delivery modalities, to embed cross systems content in regional workforce (ELRC, Keystone STARS Performance Standards, Rising STARS Tuition Reimbursement, T.E.A.C.H., Head Start, Pre-K Counts, PD Registry, PHLpreK, Early Intervention, etc.).
* Ensures understanding of Keystone STARS Performance Standards, particularly the Staff Qualifications indicators and Early Childhood Career Pathway, to align IHE curricula with QRIS and ECE systems broadly.
* Regularly reports region specific ECE workforce data and needs assessment to IHE partners to project stackable credential delivery demand and priorities (by high risk areas, by language or cultural needs, by varied modality of instruction, by credential or degree level, etc.).
* Provides delivery map to IHE's to replicate existing non-traditional course modality models (apprenticeship model, credit bearing CDA, asynchronous credit bearing coursework, hybrid course delivery online-in person, cohort models) to develop and update project commitments for set aside funding.
* Develops and monitors IHE specific plan, within OCDEL approved PDO Project Plan, to implement mixed delivery approach to community and institutional based courses, including student cohort based formats, resulting in the attainment of ECE degrees (timelines to articulation agreements, mixed delivery models, CDA/AA/AS/BA/BS).
* Facilitates representation of IHE partners at appropriate community groups (or designated to represent IHE): LICC, CCPN, Local Leadership Councils, ELRC Provider Meetings, PHLpreK Provider Meetings, etc.
* Provides Career Advising technical assistance in group format within regional provider meetings, as well as scheduled Career Advising for individual teachers as requested.
* Assists IHE in securing instructors and space to compliment IHE staff to support community based delivery and institutional commitments outlined in project scope.
* Provide oversight to all functions of the Pennsylvania Professional Development Registry that overlap with credit bearing coursework and credential attainment.
* Provide training and technical assistance to participating IHE's to support staff within respective education departments developing fluency in regional workforce needs and supports available for enhanced college advising experiences.
* Attends and documents quarterly meetings with each participating IHE to monitor achievement of benchmarks for towards articulation agreements, equitable workforce access, as well as community based course delivery.
* Collaborate with PDO Manager and PHMC communications staff on the development of promotional materials, website, press releases, etc. (in line with OCDEL PDO branding guidelines).
* Attend community meetings, conferences, and workshops to present information when needed.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Ability to work independently and also to effectively function as a member of a team.
* Ability to facilitate coordination of multiple tasks and manage a variety of projects simultaneously.
* Ability to use database systems for tracking and reporting.
* Ability to meet deadlines.
* Demonstrated experience in using a personal computer including word processing, spreadsheets, power point and database applications.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse array of audiences and various leadership levels.
* Superior written and oral communication skills.
* Superior interpersonal skills.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Facility with web editing software and new media products.
* Demonstrated experience in conducting marketing and outreach on a broad scale.
* Ability to perform all required functions and responsibilities accurately, completely, and in a timely fashion.
* Ability to maintain complete, accurate, and accessible files and records.
* Ability to communicate effectively and work productively with employees, practitioners, government agencies, professional organizations, and higher education in a positive, pleasant, professional, and productive manner in writing, by telephone, on- line and in-person.
* Knowledge of regional, state, local, and national early childhood systems and cross-functionality.
* Knowledge of the early childhood workforce needs and trends, particularly as non-traditional college and credential students.
* Related experience with Institutes of Higher Education or institutional stakeholders in navigating multiple stakeholders for project completion.
* Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in monitoring project deliverables across partners, including use/management of databases and reporting structures.
* Bachelor's Degree required.
* The ECE and IHE Coordinator reports to and is supervised by the PDO Manager. He/she interacts with PDO staff; contractors, practitioners, post-secondary institutions, and other agencies, and collaborates where appropriate, so as to enhance services to early care and education providers. The position is full time, 100% FTE. The position of ECE and IHE Coordinator operates from PHMC's main offices at 1500 Market St, Philadelphia, PA though this position requires frequent travel throughout Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Philadelphia, and Montgomery counties to best serve the meeting schedules of participating IHE partners.
* Commensurate with education and experience.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...