- Public Health Management Corporation
1103 Market St
Through a partnership between Public Health Management Corporation and Congreso de Latinos Unidos, Congreso Health Center provides primary health care, health promotion and wellness services. The center's comprehensive and educational approach encourages patients to make well-informed decisions regarding the management of their health. A bilingual, bicultural staff delivers services to the West Kensington community in both Spanish and English.
This position is Spanish speaking preferred.
The Bilingual Nurse Practitioner will provide services to adults according to certification to diverse and underserved populations. Employee will report to the Clinical Director.
* Provide medication assisted treatment for eligible patients.
* Provide bio-psychosocial evaluations for adults at health centers and outreach sites
* Provide medication management using specified guidelines at health centers and outreach sites
* Organize group education programs, as appropriate, for people who are homeless
* Refer clients to psychiatric and other emergency departments, substance abuse and mental health care providers, and other providers, as appropriate
* Counsel mentally ill consumers and substance abusers on management of their illnesses
* Incorporated evidence-based practices including cognitive behavioral therapy and self-management
* Train shelter staff, as needed, on management of behavioral health problems and other health issues
* Participate in advocacy and coordination committees addressing issues related to homelessness
* Provide consultation on behavioral health to Health Care for the Homeless management and clinical staff
* Train community and academic health care professionals to provide comprehensive, culturally competent, behavioral health care to people who are homeless
* Notify Infection Control Coordinator immediately of suspected or confirmed communicable diseases, which can be transmitted through routine shelter contact
* Provides psychiatric treatment or consultation services to assigned clients and families as indicated and clinically appropriate, including managing an assigned caseload and completing documentation in a timely manner
* Psychiatric evaluations and medication management documentation shall meet all stakeholder, payer, and regulatory expectations and include clinically appropriate diagnoses and recommendations
* Utilizes evidence-based practices as appropriate for the individual client and program philosophy
* Ensures clients are provided psychiatric services based on need and contractual agreements, ensuring these services are fully integrated into the overall treatment plan for each client
* Prescribe buprenorphine-naloxone / buprenorphine to patients who are enrolled in the MAT program and who are in compliance with treatment contract
* Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
* At least one year of experience providing Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
* Holds a DATA waiver for providing Suboxone
* Experience in behavioral health, primary and/or care, community health preferred
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with diverse populations in an urban setting preferred
* Preferred credentialed with insurance companies
* Bi-lingual preferred
* Education: MSN
* Licenses: Pennsylvania RN, CRNP in psychiatric mental health
* Certification by ANA or equivalent, preferred
* Commensurate with education and experience.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...