The Administrative Support Associate reports to the Director of Placement and Permanency and will provide administrative support to the Director of Placement and Permanency, is responsible for day-to-day management of office activities within the Placement and Permanency (Foster Care) program and provides coverage for front desk reception. The Administrative Support Associate responds appropriately to all staff requests for information, services, or assistance, once cleared by the Director, and works as a team with the Office Manager and other Turning Points for Children's Administrative Support Associates to ensure daily coverage of the front desk reception.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
Manages foster care administrative including:
* Provide administrative support to Director assigned, and staff as needed, including data entry, clerical functions, maintenance of program inventory, shipping, planning and organization of events, etc.
* Prepare Resource Parent Application packets and other documents,
* Assembling, filing, scanning, purging, and writing letters and other documents regarding compliance or expiration of certifications (Previous Affiliations, CY 131 registries, all clearances, fingerprinting, etc.)
* Perform FBI fingerprinting, if needed.
* Obtain and file documents for the Resource Parent files from the County and State.
* Support the Director and other staff in the monitoring of annual compliance.
* Assist in maintaining Resource Parent Excel tracking sheets (document tracking and training, etc.).
* Answer phones and track calls from prospective Resource Parents.
* Type correspondence as needed.
* Assist in areas of general filing and updating of forms. Responsible for maintaining inventory of paper forms.
* Scan and upload forms to DHS Connect and other databases.
* Participates in unit meetings and weekly supervision.
* Conforms to and follows all Turning Points policies, procedures and regulations regarding confidentiality and client rights.
* Coordinate and schedule meetings.
* Monitor, order, and distribute office supplies and program material through an organized inventory process.
* Take notes during meetings and conference calls and prepare summaries.
* Supporting the preparation of all reports internal and external.
* Create and format standardized forms.
* Coordinate availability and distribution of all forms.
* Coordinate orientation of new staff concerning administrative and office procedures.
* Route all incoming and outgoing mail.
* Interact with program participants and other community based agencies.
* Provide support for timekeeping and payroll preparation as needed.
* Provide other support services and duties as needed and assigned.
Manages reception coverage duties, as needed, including:
* Answers phones, screens, and routes calls
* Greets visitors, contacts the person they are to see, who is to come down for their guest;
* Accepts packages and distributes or e-mails appropriate staff member of delivery;
* processes outgoing mail at end of day
* Works in a collaborative manner with the Office Manager and other Administrative Support Associates to ensure that all administrative functions are covered from Monday through Friday, providing back up for each other during absences.
* Ability to work independently and take the initiative to identify and address tasks without prompting.
* Proficiency in MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Proficiency in basic computer skills with ability to learn new software with minimal support
* Highly organized with excellent time management
* Strong organizational skills with ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments from multiple staff members
* Excellent interpersonal, organization, writing, and verbal communication skills.
* Two years of experience working in an office environment
* Expert knowledge of Microsoft applications.
* Experience working with diverse populations and diverse staff.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.