- Public Health Management Corporation
- $50,560.00 -78,130.00/year*
1103 Market St
PHMC's Interim House West program, one of the few residential substance abuse treatment programs in Philadelphia for women and their children is seeking a Activities Coordinator.
* In collaboration with the Program Director or designee, develop an ongoing program of therapeutic activities designed to meet, in accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interests and the physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of participants and their children and ensure the program objectives and goals are met.
* Provide an activities program on a daily basis appropriate to the needs of the participants and their children.
* Involve mothers in the planning and implementation of daily program activities.
* Ensure that assessments are completed on all participants and their children to determine what specific activities are advisable or suitable for their needs.
* Attend Interim House West team meetings to discuss women and children's treatment plans.
* Perform intake on all children into daycare.
* Responsible for overseeing daily operations of child care space.
* Provide supervision of activities staff.
* Co-facilitate parenting group.
* Co-facilitate children's treatment team.
* Attend all mandatory in-service training.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in therapeutic recreation or occupational therapy or high school diploma with five years experience in a social or recreational program.
* 2 years of full-time experience in a resident activities program in a human services setting.
* Knowledge of cultural differences among children who are served by the program.
* Experience in the administrative and development of supervisory experience.
* Ability to work with addicted women with critical and emergent situations.
* Sensitivity to cultural and economic differences.
* Possession of a valid Driver's License
* Commensurate based on education and experience.
Associated topics: adventure, after school, campground, director, group, leader, lifeguard, ride attendant, summer, worship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...