Providence is calling a Staff Registered Nurse (RN) (0.9 FTE, 12 Hour Night Shift) to the Surgical Unit at Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, Washington.
We are seeking a skilled and knowledgeable Medical/Surgical Registered Nurse (RN) who is dedicated to providing nursing care to a diverse group of patients.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practices in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Key functions and specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific onboarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the specialty.
In this position you will:
* Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
* Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
* Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
* Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
* Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
* Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire.
* All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 3 years of hire.
* A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
* Active Washington state RN license
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC), or Military Training Network (MTN) upon hire.
* Twelve (12) months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
* National certification in area of specialty
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet?\" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center?. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, care unit, coronary, intensive care unit, mhb, nurse clinical, psychatric, surgery, surgical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.