Medical Assistant Certified - Neurosurgery Olympia, WA
Providence Health & Services
Healthcare - Physician
Loading some great jobs for you...
Providence is calling a Medical Assistant Certified (1.0 FTE, Days) to the Neurosurgery for Providence Health & Services in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a Medical Assistant - Certified to perform all duties in a manner that promotes team concepts and reflects the Providence Health & Services mission, philosophy, and core values.
In this position you will:
* Perform assigned tasks and activities according to skill level and patient needs as assessed by the RN or Provider.
* Care for patients by following the standard rooming process. The MA-C may also be required to schedule needed testing, aid in telephone follow-up work, computer data entry, pend prescription refills and referral entry. May float to other clinics and/or departments as requested.
* Follow general guidance and direction by the Provider, Practice Manager/Director, Clinic Supervisor and RN.
* Complete most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental, hospital, and organizational policies and procedures (as appropriate).
* Operate within the defined scope of practice of a Medical Assistant ? Certified as credentialed by the State of Washington and per Providence Medical Group guidelines.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Graduate of an accredited certified medical assistant program.
* Active Interim Certificate or Active Medical Assistant Certified through Washington State; required by date of hire.
* If in Active Interim Certification Status applicant must pass one of the following exams within 120 days of hire: AAMA, AMT, NHA NCCT.
* Current BLS ? Healthcare Provider (must be AHA accredited) required to have upon hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Previous experience in a physician office setting.
About the clinic you will serve:
Providence Medical Group is a group of more than 125 primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve a five-county region in scenic southwest Washington. Our clinics are located in Aberdeen, Centralia, Lacey, Olympia and Rochester. With an emphasis on the medical home model, our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient ? one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
Associated topics: general surgery, laparoscopic, robotics, surg, surgeon, surgery, surgery physician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.