Providence is calling a Lab Assistant II/Phlebotomist (0.9 FTE, Evenings) to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
The Lab Assistant II/ Phlebotomist draws blood and other samples from patients for various lab tests and procedures.
In this position you will:
* Obtain patient blood samples by skin puncture and venipuncture
* Process specimens by using centrifugation, separation, delivery to department, prep for transfer to lab.
* Ensure cleanliness in the lab and maintain instruments.
* Maintain laboratory supplies by ordering, receiving and stocking them.
* Use a computer to register lab patients, order tests and input specimen data.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Completion of a Phlebotomy course (including completion of a four (4) week internship in Phlebotomy in a clinical laboratory setting).
* Active Medical Assistant-Phlebotomy certification from the Washington State Department of Health, which includes the seven (7) hours of Blood Borne Pathogens training.
* Keyboarding skills - 30 WPM.
* Computer skills including Windows.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet?\" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center?. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.