Ambulatory Clinical Pharmacist - Pharmaceutical Care Clinic
Providence Health & Services
Healthcare - Allied Health
Loading some great jobs for you...
Providence is calling a Per Diem Pharmacist to Providence Southwest Region in Washington State.
The ambulatory Clinical Pharmacist will provide blood testing, education and consultative services for patients needing anticoagulation therapy management, while maintaining the mission and core values of the Sisters of Providence. Additionally, services will expand to include patients with additional disease states for collaborative management. The Pharmacist will strive to provide quality medication management for patients on anticoagulation therapy. This is a full time position with varying hours and locations. The clinics are located at St. Peter Hospital in Olympia WA and Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia WA.
In this position you will:
* Participate in collaborative drug therapy management.
* Participate in teaching of APPE students and pharmacy residents
* Ensure knowledge of physiology and pathophysiology of managed disease conditions.
* Provide quality patient care in an efficient, caring manner. Adapt to fluctuating workload.
* Maintain integrity of testing system and patient education.
* Create and maintain accurate and concise patient medical records.
* Ensure strict control and accountability for medication dosing adjustments and the patient's response to adverse effects. Address medication education including activities of daily living that may affect the relative quality of quantity of the drug.
* Actively participate in the coordination of discharge as it relates to referrals to the clinic. Provide forms, educational information, accepts orders, substantiates information, and sets appointments.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Graduate from an accredited school of Pharmacy
* Current registration and license from Washington State Board of Pharmacy.
* BLS certification must be obtained within 6 months of hire
* Completion of the Anticoagulation Therapy management certification or completed within 6 months of employment.
* Completed ASHP-accredited PGY-1 Residency program or 3 years of work experience.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Completed ASHP-accredited PGY-2 Residency program in ambulatory care
* Previous collaborative disease state management of anticoagulation, diabetes, hypertension and tobacco cessation
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet?\" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center?. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
Associated topics: care, care technician, certified home health aide, certified residential medication aide, clinical assistant, delivery, elderly, nac, patient care technician, pcs
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.