Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Admitting Representative (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to St Peter's Hospital in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a Admitting Representative to be responsible for securing appropriate patient account reimbursement by obtaining complex demographic, insurance and medical information and ensuring this is documented timely and accurately. Provides assistance, directions, and instructions to visitors, patients and the general public regarding hospital/patient information.
In this position you will:
* Create a consistent and exceptional patient experience throughout the patient interview process. * Provide superior customer service to all customers accurately and timely in a positive manner. Demonstrates ability to multitask and prioritize with frequent interruptions. Provides accurate patient information. * Demonstrate exceptional problem solving skills. Courteously answers department telephone identifies facility and department. * Effectively utilizes all information tools and resources maintained by the department. * Assess patient ability to complete the admission process prior to receiving services or going to their hospital rooms. In some instances, may require bedside registration. * Alert clinical staff if patients need immediate attention. * Ensure patients are registered in a timely manner, ensuring accounts are complete, compliant, and billable and do not require rework or intervention. * Provide armbands in a timely manner and verifies all information on the armband with patient to ensure accuracy.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* 1 year experience in customer service or healthcare registration.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
* Some college level course work, particularly in Medical Terminology or Medical Assistance coursework.
* National Certification of Certified Healthcare Acccess Associate (CHAA).
* Previous Admitting Representative and third party payor experience.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet?\" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center?. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
Associated topics: answer, call center representative, customer care representative, phone, product support, rep, service, system support, technical support, tsr
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.