Location: PA - King of Prussia;PA - Philadelphia;PA - Wayne
Career Category: Experienced Professional
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Date Posted: 2019-07-18
What you'll do
As a Relationship Manager, you'll develop deep relationships with advisors, plan sponsors, trustees, and third party administrators throughout the region. This role is a strategic partner to our clients to provide solutions that meet business goals of retention, growth, and retirement readiness.
Here are few examples of the things you'll do:
* Consult with the plan sponsor and the advisor on plan design, investments, services and new opportunities. * Quarterly Plan level reviews. * Problem solving complex issues.
What you'll get from us
* Competitive pay, benefits, perks and more. We'll reward you for the skills and experience you have. Find out more. * Respect for your unique perspective. Diversity, inclusion and empowerment are at the core of our culture. * A career, not just a job. Principal is a place where you can learn and innovate. Do important work. Make an impact. And achieve your professional goals. * The ability to have a great job and a great life. Sure, work is important. But so is your family. And your friends. And your community. That's why we provide the flexibility needed to find the right balance between your job and the rest of your life.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent required and 4+ years professional work experience. * Strong communication and presentation skills required. * Ability to understand and explain technical information to a broad range of audiences. * Travel required. Daily travel (70 -80%), including overnight stays (20 - 30%).
* Experience with Employer Sponsored Retirement Plans. * Relationship management or client service skills.
Licensing are required based on state/federal laws and/or company policy in accordance with current licensing policy.
* Successful Registration as an Investment Company Products/Variable contracts Limited Representative (FINRA Series 6 or equivalent and FINRA Series 63) within 5 months of employment. * Successful Registration as a Uniform Investment Adviser (FINRA Series 65 or equivalent) within 6 months of employment. * Must become an associated person with Principal Securities. * Resident Life and Health appointment must be attained within 4 months of employment.
How we hire
Once you apply, your application is hand reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via email. If selected, you'll receive an email from Principal Talent Team to complete a pre-recorded interview on your own time. Be sure to check your email frequently and follow the steps shared to submit timely.
Learn more about our hiring steps and find answers to frequently asked questions.
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates who would need sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) However, we'd hope you continue to keep us in mind for other potential opportunities in the future.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Investment Code of Ethics
For positions with Principal Global Investors, you will be required to comply with a Code of Ethics which covers a number of obligations related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
Who we are
We help people build the kinds of lives they dream about-empowered by financial security and stability. We started in 1879 (yes, 1879) as an insurance company. Today, we're a member of the FORTUNE 500? and a global investment management leader.
So that's what we do. As far as who we are, well, we believe that how we do things is just as important as what we do.
Doing what's right has been a part of who we are for more than 140 years. We focus on taking care of not only our employees, customers and advisors, but also the people who live in the communities where we do business.
Learn more about our values in the workplace.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.