- Prime Communications
1103 Market St
Prime Communications is hiring!
A Cable Technician is a progression from the Installer position. Working as a member of the project team, the Technician is primarily responsible for enhancing over-all jobsite productivity. The Technician is expected to have a fluent skillset and will assist with multiple aspects of the cable installation process; including: pathway construction, Telecommunication Room build-out, cable terminations, and labeling.
Major Roles and Responsibilities
* Install cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks, J-hooks or D-rings).
* Install, terminate, test, label and document horizontal, backbone and other cables.
* Dress and route cable into telecommunications closets, modular furniture and other work areas.
* Build out telecommunication and equipment rooms.
* Fire-stop various types of cable penetrations.
* Test, troubleshoot, and document test results for cabling.
* Must have ability to install, terminate and test low voltage cables & fiber optic cables (to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, standard & solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode & multi-mode fiber optic cables).
* Understands, adheres to, and promotes the Environmental, Health & Safety policies.
* Perform/prepare timely field reporting of asset usage as required.
* Perform other duties as needs arise.
* Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
* Maintain a satisfactory compliance with customer.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
* Ability to understand and effectively explain every aspect of the structured cabling system including pathways, spaces, horizontal cabling, backbone copper, backbone fiber optic, cross and inter-connections, and testing. This includes understanding applicable codes, standards, and industry-best practices and the ability to differentiate between them and make recommendations.
* Ability to choose the correct tool and methodology for the given task; for themselves and can help other team members do the same.
* Ability to listen carefully to follow instructions
* Demonstrated aptitude for learning from senior team members
* Exhibit a positive attitude
* High attention to detail
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Willingness to work days, night, and weekends as project requires
* Self-motivated and excellent work ethic
* Demonstrated team work and versatility in integrating into multiple work environments.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
* High School Diploma or GED
* Industry Certifications
* In-house Certified Training Required (company provided)
* 1-3 years' work experience in Structured Cabling
* Read, write, and understand English
* Able to distinguish colors
* Must have a valid driver's license
* Ability to travel 90-95% of the time.
* Probationary period of 90 days
* Individuals with a felony or misdemeanor convictions MAY not be hired
* Individuals must not have any alcohol or drug-related convictions or suspensions within the past three years.
* Individual must be able to read and understand instructions in English as well as possess good oral & written communication skills.
* Individual must be able to pass a drug and physical screening as well as background requirements.
Individual must be available to work variable hours.
Associated topics: field installation, field service, field service technician, field technician, install, installation, installation technician, mount, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...