Piedmont's Military Transition Program (MTP) provides veterans and soon-to-be separated aviation mechanics with a personalized transition plan and up to $28,200 in training, tools and bonuses. Qualified mechanics receive:
* $5,000 in airframe and powerplant training * $1,500 housing stipend during A&P training * $1,000 in FAA testing and licensure * Snap-on tools and toolbox ($3,326 value)
Upon successful completion of the transition program, technicians will receive a conditional offer and be hired by Piedmont Airlines. Piedmont technicians are represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters. The starting rate for this position is $18.34- $22.34 per hour. AMTs work 40 hours per week and are eligible for a full benefits package.
Positions are available at the following bases:
* Albany, NY * Philadelphia, PA * Harrisburg, PA * Richmond, VA * Roanoke, VA * Salisbury, MD
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) job duties range from preventive maintenance to repairs. A technician makes routine inspections and repairs, documents inspections and repairs, performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and runs tests after making repairs or performing maintenance on our fleet of Embraer-145 regional jets. Maintenance may include - but is not limited to - engines, landing gear, exteriors, brakes and pumps.
* Discharged military, serving on reserve or in a Guard Unit or will be separating from active duty within the next six months * MOS, AFSC or NEC in aviation maintenance * Have or can obtain a passport which is valid for unrestricted travel into and out of the United States * Valid U.S. driver's license * FAA 8610-2 form approved for airframe and powerplant * Must be willing to relocate to one of Piedmont's maintenance bases
* Use of computers and other office equipment * Airport ramp/warehouse environment, subject to varied weather conditions and elevated noise levels * Work weekends, nights, holidays and/or irregular shifts
* Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling * Handle objects up to 70 pounds regularly, up to 100+ pounds occasionally, with assistance from co-workers or tools
The above statements provide a brief description of the general nature of work performed and not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position. Duties and expectations are subject to change as needed.
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record, 10-year Criminal History Records Check, and Drug Screen as required. We also require proof of High School or GED completion.
Benefit package includes paid training, holiday pay, 401(k), vacation, family travel on the American Airlines network, medical and dental available.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Exceptional Aviators - Major Opportunities
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.