- Phildelphia Gas Works
- $93,936.67 -188,020.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
1103 Market St
Philadelphia Gas Commission
The Philadelphia Gas Commission (PGC) has general responsibility (together with the City Administration and Philadelphia City Council) for overseeing the management and operation of the Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) by the Philadelphia Facilities Management Corporation (PFMC). PGW is a natural gas distribution operation owned by the City of Philadelphia. The PFMC is a non-profit corporation which operates PGW under contract with the City.
The Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) is the largest municipally-owned gas utility in the nation, supplying gas service in the City of Philadelphia to over 500,000 customers. From its humble beginnings in 1836, PGW has grown into the large, modern facility that exists today. As one of the nation's leading natural gas providers, PGW prides itself on stability and continual growth. PGW is dedicated to becoming the Greenest Natural Gas Delivery Company in the region.
Internal Auditor / Financial Analyst
Free Health Insurance ? Free Dental Insurance ? Pension Plan ? Wellness Programs
The Internal Auditor's primary purpose is to conduct audits which: assess the design and operation of risk management activities, processes and related controls in order to determine whether the actual controls can effectively mitigate associated risks to an acceptable level. The incumbent acts as an independent appraiser serving PGW management, their Board of Directors and the Philadelphia Facilities Management Corporation (PFMC) and the City of Philadelphia to ensure the reliability of data; promote operational efficiency; identify and address quality assurance issues; make recommendations on systems and procedures being reviewed; monitor management responses and implementation plans; and ensure the financial and operational viability of major capital expenditures.
* Prepares interrogatories, data requests and tracks progress of remediation activities of completed audits by creating detailed initial requests, communicating with PGW and analyzing data received.
* Assesses compliance with financial regulations and controls by executing audit program steps; testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements and related financial statements; examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices and documentation.
* Assesses risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance, evaluating manual and automated financial processes, identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
* Provides financial control information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends.
* Works with all levels of management to identify appropriate owners to ensure remediate efforts are properly documented.
* Assists with the designing and preparing selected analysis for assigned audits ensuring appropriate sample sizes and variety in order to test all aspects of the processes, systems, procedures, etc. being audited.
* Keeps abreast of industry best practices as they relate to the auditing and assigned areas to be reviewed; evaluates current processes and procedures against relevant best practices; and, makes appropriate recommendations for utilization within PGC and PGW.
* Works with management to identify and quantify all major risks of the enterprise and identify appropriate owners to ensure remediate efforts are properly documented in area business plans.
* Performs other special projects and assignments as requested.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance required. MBA preferred.
* 2 years of auditing, accounting and/or finance experience. Utility experience a plus.
* Must have knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) cube and its implication on the audit process and all business areas and related risks.
* Must have the ability to identify and document detailed components of work flows and to make recommendations on how to appropriately modify those work flows.
* Must have research and analysis skills with the ability to gather relevant internal and external information and create recommendations to senior management.
* Must be self-motivated with the ability to operate effectively independently and in a team-oriented environment.
* Must have excellent planning, organization, skills with the ability to create documentation throughout the life cycle of the project.
* Must have verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to develop presentations tailored for the specific audience in order to get buy in to decisions.
* Must have the ability to test proposed changes, make necessary modifications and resolve problems.
* Advanced proficiency in technology and software programs; including Microsoft Office Suite, Oracle, Visio, and SharePoint. Must have the aptitude to learn and navigate additional software programs quickly.
Residency Requirement: All employees of the Philadelphia Gas Commission and Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) must live in the City of Philadelphia for the duration of their employment. If a candidate does not live in the City of Philadelphia at the time of hire, he/she must move into the city within twelve (12) months of his/her hire date.
We offer a strong benefit package that includes free basic health and dental insurance. The Philadelphia Gas Commission and PGW are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/VAAP/EEO.
Location: One Parkway Building, 1515 Arch Street, 9th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19102
While we appreciate all responses, only those who are uniquely qualified will be contacted. Local candidates will be given preference ? interview expenses are not funded.
Associated topics: analysis, analyze, business finance, business systems analyst, financial analytic, financial reporting analyst, forecasting, investment analyst, investment analytics, refinement
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...