- Phildelphia Gas Works
- $139,050.00 -139,050.00/year*
1103 Market St
Philadelphia Gas Works
Looking for a challenge and ready to light up your career?
The Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) is the largest municipally-owned gas utility in the nation, supplying gas service in the City of Philadelphia to over 500,000 customers. From its humble beginnings in 1836, PGW has grown into the large, modern facility that exists today. As one of the nation's leading natural gas providers, PGW prides itself on stability and continual growth. PGW is dedicated to becoming the Greenest Natural Gas Delivery Company in the region. Apply at: www.pgworks.com
Make a difference in your future - Become part of the PGW Team!
Contract Analyst - Field Operations
City of Philadelphia - Philadelphia County Residency Requirement within 12 months of hire
Free Health Insurance - Free Dental Insurance - Pension Plan - Free Parking - Wellness Programs
The Contract Analyst is responsible for planning, auditing, revising, and analyzing all contracts in Field Operations in amounts totaling $70 to $100 million dollars yearly; Drafting routine contract language and is responsible for developing and establishing contract management policy and procedures. This position is responsible for all contract compliance functions as well as routine updating of contract language.
* Responsible for contract proposal planning, administration, preparation, and revision of all new and existing contracts that involve the purchase of sale of goods and services in the Field Operation Department.
* Develop, implement and assist in the enforcement of procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with procurement guidelines, company policies and strategic corporate objectives.
* Review data to develop recommendations regarding managed contracts and procurement of goods and services.
* Prepare studies, reports, and analyses in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts.
* Conduct audits for each contract which will include original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, payment schedules and requests for contingencies.
* Review and analyze a large volume of complex construction and construction related contracts and contracting procedures and the status of contractor deliverables including schedules and reports and change order notifications.
* Coordinate with other departments to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding Field Operations contracts, new business planning, trend future requirements, and operating forecasts.
* Prepare and disseminate information to appropriate employees regarding contract status, facilitate contractor meetings and generates reports as requested.
* Ensure that contractor is in compliance with legal requirements, owner specifications, and government regulations; provide contract summaries and ensure contract execution in accordance with company policy.
* Assist in the development of the budget, planning, and other departmental financial requirements and track payments and deadlines.
* Perform other special projects and assignments as requested
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain or other related field of study.
* 3 - 5 years' experience of contract management experience.
* Must have analytical skills with the ability to collect, analyze and report impact of all contracting activities on departmental budget and daily operations.
* Knowledge of legal documents, government regulations, and agency rules, is highly preferred.
* Must have project management and organizational skills with the ability to work smoothly under pressure and coordinate the activities of multiple levels of personnel.
* Must have verbal and written communication skills persuade others to perform in PGW's best interest and compose technical analyses as well as general office correspondences.
* Must have ability to work independently and offer solutions and expert guidance to both internal and external customers.
* Able to handle a wide variety of situations, including matters of a highly confidential nature, involving clients and vendors. Manage materials and assignments that are time sensitive and require urgent action.
* Advanced computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint), and financial software systems such as Oracle Financials.
Residency Requirement : All employees of the Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) must live in the City of Philadelphia for the duration of their employment. If a candidate does not live in the City of Philadelphia at the time of hire, he/she must move into the city within twelve (12) months of his/her hire date.
We offer a strong benefit package that includes free basic health and dental insurance. PGW is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/VAAP/EEO.
Location: 800 W Montgomery Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19122
While we appreciate all responses, only those who are uniquely qualified will be contacted.
Associated topics: attorney, compliance, compliance department, corporate attorney, counsel, internal, lawyer, legal, legal affairs, llp
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...