This Director of Architecture role supports the Digital Solutions & Enablement team and manages technology strategy and technical architecture for Pfizer's Web Experience and Publishing Platforms and Applications.
Engaging patients and health care professionals has never been more important for the pharmaceutical industry than it is today. The success of the industry relies on its ability to communicate effectively and engaged with both patients and health care professionals. The Digital Solutions & Enablement team is responsible for all digital experiences that directly interface with Pfizer's customers, including patients, health care professionals, hospitals, investigators and payers.
This Director-level position supports application and business owners and their teams, national and regional account managers and external collaboration partners to envision and drive Pfizer's strategic technology direction for Web Experience & Web Publishing technology. The candidate will be accountable for finding the most effective ways for technology to support Pfizer's business objectives in these domains.
This role reports into the Pfizer Digital Architecture organization, which leads the strategic efforts in creating an enterprise architecture and master plan that ties together our experiences, data, workflows, capabilities, applications, integration and back end services in a cohesive and integrated way. The team leads the efforts to architect scalable, modern experiences, platforms and solutions, using next generation enterprise architecture practices and emerging technology.
- Develops a method to understand current and future business requirements and works with application owners, data domain owners and business leaders to ensure strategic business goals are met.
- Owns design and architecture of solutions and platforms related to Web Publishing and Customer-Focused Digital Experiences. Is a subject matter expert of the principles, concepts and theories and has advanced knowledge of this business domain.
- Plays a critical role in external collaborations where Pfizer is creating new intercompany capabilities with web experience vendors, relevant standards development bodies, and digital platform vendors. Manages the design and architecture of external data and process integration. A key partner for account management teams for these intercompany relationships.
- Supports application owners and business partners in the delivery of applications and platforms that depend on web publishing technology, digital experiences and underlying web application platforms.
- Works with business stakeholders and Digital & Technology leadership to re-imagine digital publishing platforms and provide leading-edge scalable solutions to power the future of Pfizer's web publishing experiences.
- Works with Digital & Technology and business leads across multiple work streams to define, create, and maintain end-to-end operational efficiencies and controls for both D&T and business processes in supported systems.
- Consistently demonstrates excellent communication skills and is able to work effectively in a cross-functional and matrixed organization. Ensures accurate and timely communication of the project milestones and creates a high-functioning team environment.
- Works with business leads and D&T colleagues across domains in order to prioritize initiatives to ensure investments are focused on areas with the highest business value. Ensures that ROI on investments is achieved and that their team hits financial targets.
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Understands customers' operational needs and helps to drive strategic direction; Leads regular meetings with all levels of business stakeholders.
- Manages relationships with other Digital and Technology Lines that are required for successful project deployment and operational activities.
- Anticipates internal/external business and regulatory/compliance issues that impact the system design.
- Ensures that all internal and external stakeholder expectations have been met through delivery of services or projects through Pfizer D&T teams and vendor management.
Strategy & Planning:
- Uses innovative business thinking to challenge the status quo and drive identification, quantification and proposal of business solutions
- Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge; has broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future.
- Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today; talks about possibilities; is optimistic; creates mileposts and symbols to rally support behind the vision; makes the vision sharable by everyone; can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the targeted business outcomes.
- Facilitate exploration of new technologies, and new systems/configurations though reference implementation support & renewal for application in scope of this position.
- Accountable for the formulation of solution implementation approach, building consensus on approach, and providing technical execution oversight of such solutions.
- Accountable for designing complex systems at the component level, makes strategic technology choices, or directly supervises the work of those who are doing so.
- Influences management/senior staff decisions and serves as a company expert in solving highly complex problems within the web experience space.
- Knowledgeable about the regulatory constraints of digital publishing inside the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledgeable about DevOps style architecture and solutions.
- Provides leadership in the definition of digital business APIs and connectivity that enables Pfizer to integrate into the broader global healthcare ecosystem, enabling greater value exchange with partners & customers and the digitization/automation of end to end value streams & processes.
- Develops and sustains constructive partnerships between business and D&T stakeholders to ensure success of projects
- Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles, at all levels of the organization; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Ensures effective, accurate and timely communication across the portfolio; prepares and delivers regular updates on project status, both in written and presentation format, to sponsors, business leaders and stakeholder groups.
Innovation and Risk Taking
- Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Takes appropriate risks to achieve desired result; guides direct reports and team members on acceptable levels of risk taking
- Works with the budget owners regularly to plan and execute on funding priorities and reporting
- Prepares business cases for IT investments and presents to governance bodies
Matrixed Team Effectiveness:
- Is highly skilled in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, direct reports, and senior management; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn't working.
- Utilizes negotiation, facilitation, meeting management and conflict resolution skills to enhance cross-functional team performance.
- Arbitrates disagreements among solution stakeholders and makes business decisions/proposals where needed.
- Understands and communicates team roles/responsibilities and ensures all team members have access to project information necessary to be successful
- Solicits and evaluates vendor proposals with to augment internal expertise in service delivery.
- 12+ years of experience managing large projects/programs
- 10+ years of experience in deploying web experiences at large scale across several brands and initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills and evidence of enabling teamwork in a matrix environment
- Proven ability to build coalitions and develop strong partnerships across functions
- Strong diplomacy skills; able to navigate a difficult political environment
- Executive presence and ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Experienced with indirectly managing staff and large numbers of geographically diverse onshore and offshore consultants
- An \"execution mindset\" focused on getting things done quickly and simply
- Leads and directs one or more project teams
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited institution
- M.S., M.B.A. and/or background in pharmaceuticals market access strategies
- Direct experience with Web CMS's and frameworks such as Drupal 7&8, Laravel, Jam Stacks & other Static Site Generation tools
- Direct experience with ideating and scaling micro-service based architectures and solutions
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Analytical skills
- Strong conceptual thinker
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Handling stress & emotions
- Making and facilitating decisions
- Adjusting to change
Pfizer's NYHQ office 20-30% or more #LI-PFE \"Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.\" Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
- Last Date to Apply: September 23, 2019
- Additional locations New York, NY; Collegeville, PA; Peapack, NJ; Groton, CT; Cambridge, MA
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Associated topics: analyst, audit, bank, banking, credit, director finance, expense, financial, financial planning, fiscal
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...