This role is to enable effective, highly scalable data analysis pipelines and help shape the future of data-driven Business Analytics organization. You will work with various data producers as well as consumers to transform large scale complex data into formats that Data Scientists and Analysts can leverage for generating accelerated insights.
This role is dynamic, fast-paced, highly collaborative, and covers a broad range of strategic topics that are critical to our business. You will join BA colleagues worldwide that are constantly supporting business transformation through their proactive thought leadership, innovative analytical capabilities and their ability to communicate highly complex and dynamic information in new and creative ways.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and support large scale data structures and data pipelines to collect, organize and standardize data to help generate insights.
- Design Semantic Layer and manage graph-based metadata with comprehensive lineage.
- Build Knowledge Graph and Data Fabric for the structured and unstructured data in the Data Lake.
- Actively contribute to the development of feature engineering for modeling and machine learning.
- Develop frameworks, standards & reference material for data architecture and feature engineering in support of Data Scientists and Analysts.
- Collaborate with members across Analytic Innovation and Scaled Analytics to help automate data processing challenges and integrate algorithms and models into highly available, production systems.
- Actively drive data solutions adoption through change management and increase data reliability, efficiency & speed to insights.
- Use advanced programming skills in Python, Scala or any of the major languages and in-depth Hadoop & RDBMS/MPP knowledge to build modular data pipelines and dynamic systems.
- Experiment with available tools and advise on new tools in order to determine optimal solution given the requirements dictated by the models/use-cases.
- Analyze data patterns and utilization with a constant eye toward continuous improvement.
- 7+ years of progressively complex experience relating to building high volume data pipelines.
- Proven skills in working across diverse, cross-functional teams in solving data problems .
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or closely related field.
- Strong expertise in developing data models, Data APIs and Machine Learning or related discipline.
- Strong programming experience in Python, Scala or equivalent languages. Knowledge in Hadoop stack, with prior experience in Hive, HBase, Impala, Pig or equivalent.
- Experience in traditional RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL, etc.) and MPP (RedShift, TeraData, etc.) and NoSQL systems (MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience with shell scripts, UNIX utilities & UNIX Commands.
- Superior ability to communicate technical ideas and results to non-technical clients in written and verbal form.
\"Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.\" Sunshine Act
- Analytical Thinker: Understands how to synthesize facts and information from varied data sources, both new and pre-existing, into discernable insights and perspectives; takes a problem solving approach by connecting analytical thinking with an understanding of business drivers and how BA can provide value to the organization
- Strong Data and Information Manager: Understands and uses analytical skills/tools to produce data in a clean, organized way to drive objective insights
- Exceptional Communicator: Can understand, translate, and distill the complex, technical findings of the team into commentary that facilitates effective decision making by senior leaders; can readily align interpersonal style with the individual needs of customers
- Relationship Manager: Acts as a thought partner and brings forward recommendations/questions that influences stakeholders; builds robust and long-term strategic relationships with individuals from all levels of the organization, understanding individual goals and objectives to ensure future alignment of the entire portfolio
- Influencer: Clearly articulates expectations, capabilities, and action plans; actively listens with others' frame of reference in mind; appropriately shares information with team; favorably influences people without direct authority
- Highly Collaborative: Manages projects with and through others; shares responsibility and credit; develops self and others through teamwork; comfortable providing guidance and sharing expertise with others to help them develop their skills and perform at their best; helps others take appropriate risks; communicates frequently with team members earning respect and trust of the team
- Strong Project Manager: Clearly articulates scope and deliverables of projects; breaks complex initiatives into detailed component parts and sequences actions appropriately; develops action plans and monitors progress independently; designs success criteria and uses them to track outcomes; drives implementation of recommendations when appropriate, engages with stakeholders throughout to ensure buy-in
- Role Model: Emulates the behaviors of BA's core competencies and fosters colleague collaboration to build and/or participate on high-performing teams
- Proactive Self-Starter: Takes an active role in one's own professional development; stays abreast of analytical trends, and cutting-edge applications of data
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: 9/19/2019
- Additional Location Information: Any Pfizer NA site
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...