- Penn National Gaming
- $96,915.00 -153,250.00/year*
1103 Market St
Penn National Gaming is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to work in conjunction with the engineering team as we build a best-in-class online/mobile sportsbook.
As the first data scientist on our relatively small team you will take charge of leading the initiative of data-driven development. You should be excited by the possibility of utilizing the data we collect from our 42 retail casino and racetrack locations and be able to develop some hypotheses to test to improve our business.
We need someone who will walk through the door on day one with a clear idea of the theories they want to test, some thoughts on the potential models already in mind, and the self-motivation to jump in and get started building them
Your daily responsibilities include
* Identify and specify data needs and quality requirements to support modeling
* Research, design and implement descriptive, predictive, and inferential models using artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques.
* Apply modern machine learning techniques to optimization and quality problems in gaming processes
* Prototype and implement data products to create unique experiences for our users
* Evaluate, document, and communicate research processes, analyses, and results to peers, and leadership
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
The following is not a checklist where we envision the successful candidate must check every box to come work with us. Rather, it's a starting point to start a conversation about what we foresee you doing here and what you've done in the past. That said, you should be able to check off some of the following:
* University degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field
* Experience in software engineering or operations, especially in a full-stack development environment
* 4+ years professional experience as a Data Scientist
* Proficiency in Python and preferably also R
* Advanced knowledge in SQL and professional experience with big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala)
* Experience in deploying data products in an enterprise environment
* Curiosity and ability to convert complex problems into concrete requirements and build innovative solutions
* Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with technical and non-technical stakeholders
* You have a PhD in Data Science, Statistics, or a statistics-heavy discipline
* You bring a passion for sports or betting
* You have experience with mobile/web games, entertainment apps and/or the gaming industry
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The primary office location for this position will be located in a dedicated WeWork suite at 1900 Market St. in downtown Philadelphia.
This position is expected to require travel less than 5% of the time.
Something to leave you with
Penn Interactive Ventures (PIV) is committed to helping our team members live their best, healthy life. We offer unique and competitive benefits that help our employees. PIV offers benefits through a private exchange which allows our team members the ability to choose from several coverage levels and insurance carriers (both local and national carriers). Along with medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage, there are also voluntary plans available to employees. PIV also offers our employees some office perks such as free catered lunch, snacks, and beverages in the office.
Associated topics: data administrator, data center, data integration, data manager, data quality, data warehouse, etl, hbase, mongo database, mongo database administrator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...