- PCI Services
- $50,560.00 -78,130.00/year*
1103 Market St
I. Essential Functions:
This position is located at PCI's half-million square foot, northeast Philadelphia packaging plant housing over 60 pharmaceutical-grade packaging lines. The main functions of a Preventive Maintenance Planner are equally split between three related areas: (1) planning preventive maintenance, (2) modification and updating of preventative maintenance procedures for production equipment, (3) training of the on-site mechanical staff.
The successful candidate must be able to drive the business to 100% preventative maintenance compliance while efficiently organizing and continually improving maintenance procedures within a centralized maintenance system. The Preventive Maintenance Planner should be able to evaluate existing systems and processes and recommend improvements, upgrades and replacements with limited supervision.
II. Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
A PM Planner & Reliability Specialist will perform the following activities under limited supervision.
* Scheduling Preventive Maintenance work with Production Scheduler.
* Create work orders, assign parts, close work orders, creating new assets and schedule in JDE (JD Edwards ERP system). Includes maintaining the data integrity in JDE.
* Audit the PM program compliance and schedule adherence.
* Audit the PM task execution with recommended instruction in regulated PM forms.
* Coordinate and issue corrective maintenance work to maintenance team.
* Working with Central Parts to ensure all replacement parts are available.
* Ensuring Preventive Maintenance work is done properly and timely.
* Ensuring PM documentation is done correctly and timely.
* Recommending changes and updating PM program tasks and frequency as needed.
* Updating/creating PM Forms and SOPs as required.
* Responding to all downtime caused by equipment breakdowns.
* Analyzing the root cause and implementing short and long term solutions.
* Driving a goal of high 95% equipment reliability.
* Driving projects to extend the lifetime of equipment.
* Developing and maintaining maintenance metrics.
* Providing necessary training for mechanics.
III. Position Requirements:
Education or Equivalent:
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering preferred.
* 3-5 years of relevant experience in production equipment maintenance and facilities maintenance.
* Pharmaceutical and/or food packaging background preferred.
* Fully competent in the use of JDE or other Oracle based ERP system.
* Experience with pharmaceutical packaging equipment such as Blister, Pouch, Bottle, and Bio machinery.
* Knowledge in predictive analysis and predictive maintenance a plus.
* Effective communication skills (verbal and written form).
* Effective at leading project teams and interfacing with operations personnel.
* Fully competent in the use of MS-Office - Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point.
* Must possess and demonstrate motivational and leadership qualities.
* Must possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
* Must be well organized along with being detail and multi-task oriented.
* Knowledge and experience in cGMPs desirable.
* Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and other improvement techniques a plus.
Physical/Mental Requirements: (List any special requirements to be able to perform job)
* Must be capable of lifting and moving equipment with a weight of 40 pounds or less mainly at waist height
* Standing/Walking -- 100% of time
* Kneeling/Crouching -- 30% of time
* Pushing/Pulling -- 30% of time
* Reaching -- in front 50% of time and overhead 10% of time
* Must be capable of using mechanical and electrical tools
* Must be able to read/write and understand basic English in order to meet FDA quality and safety requirements
Office and Production floor environment.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...