Maintaining a fully-staffed restaurant, every day, is nearly impossible. Trying to do so creates havoc for management and staff, while compromising quality of service and food for patrons. Restaurant workers want more control of their schedules and the financial security that comes with it. We're solving these massively painful problems through our platform. Restaurant labor spend is close to $300B annually (1 in 10 Americans works in hospitality) in an industry generating $800B in sales in the US alone. If you're interested in solving a major problem impacting a huge industry and benefitting both sides of the market, then Pared is for you. Our team has a several decades or experience in restaurants (The French Laundry, Per Se, Petit Crenn, Morimoto) and technology (Lyft, Apple, eBay, Square, Minted). We are backed by CRV (DoorDash, ClassPass, Patreon), Uncork Capital (Postmates, Hired) and True Ventures (Blue Bottle Coffee, FitBit, Peloton, Ring) and investors including Thomas Keller and the founders of Yelp and YouTube among many others. We are currently serving the San Francisco Bay Area and New York City.
Here is coverage about our Series A fundraise from TechCrunch and Traci Des Jardins praising us in The San Francisco Business Times.
We're looking for a self-starter with professional restaurant experience to join our team as a Launch Associate based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on a part-time contract basis (20 hrs/week). As a Launch Associate, you'll be a vital part of our launch team, working closely with the Launch Manager to recruit and onboard Pared Pros in a new market.
* Manage a pipeline of Pared Pros and facilitate their onboarding process from interview to approval
* Communicate and correspond with candidates quickly and efficiently
* Conduct phone screens, in-person interviews, and skills assessment tests and summarize feedback on applicant qualifications
* Work with an applicant tracking system to push candidates through the applicant funnel
* Understand all the basic job requirements for staff level positions in restaurants, caterers, and other food service businesses.
Who you are:
* At least 2-3 years of professional restaurant experience in a kitchen management role
* Exceptional communication and interviewer skills
* Familiarity with the Google Suite (sheets, docs, drive, maps)
* Proficiency in adapting to new technology
* Culinary School graduate a plus
* Basic Spanish language skills a plus
We Value Diversity and Inclusion
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Pared are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.