Showcase Your Skills and Make Your Mark in a Continually Evolving Network EnvironmentServe as Networking Subject Matter Expert Supporting Multi-State NetworkExcellent Compensation, Professional Development, Career Options, Low-Traffic Commute, Free ParkingBring your network architecture expertise and knowledge of switching and routing to build a progressive career home at Par Pacific. Here's why:
* You will expand your skills and experience as you take responsibility for administering and troubleshooting the network and handling other projects and key initiatives.
* You can spotlight your talent as you impact multiple areas, such as security and networking projects, troubleshooting issues and driving synergy throughout the network.
* We promote employee development through a training budget, educational reimbursement benefit, as well as strong on the job training. You'll work with industry experts who can support your development through mentorship and guidance.
* You'll find a positive, collaborative culture at Par Pacific, and we take pride in our \"ohana\" -- just one reason we have a high number of long-tenured employees.
* The company is enjoying strong growth, creating a high-energy, entrepreneurial environment along with opportunities for strong performers.
* In addition to competitive compensation and benefits, you'll enjoy a flexible schedule and working in a beautiful location.
Par Pacific Holdings, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, owns, manages and maintains interests in energy and infrastructure businesses. Par Pacific's strategy is to identify, acquire and operate energy and infrastructure companies with attractive competitive positions. We own and operate one of the largest energy infrastructure networks in Hawaii with a 94,000-bpd refinery, a logistics network supplying the major islands of the state and 90 retail locations. In Wyoming, Par Pacific owns a refinery and associated logistics network in a niche market. Par Pacific also owns 42.3% of Laramie Energy, LLC, a joint venture entity focused on producing natural gas in Garfield, Mesa and Rio Blanco Counties, Colorado. In January 2018, Par Petroleum LLC, a subsidiary of Par Pacific Holdings Inc., entered into a definitive agreement to acquire 33 Cenex Zip Trip convenience stores in eastern Washington and northwestern Idaho from CHS Inc. The C-Stores are Par Pacific Holdings' first retail assets in the continental United States; we have more than 30 retail outlets in Hawaii. Par Pacific has an active, opportunistic growth strategy. Our common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE MKT under the trading symbol \"PARR\".
Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls from third-party recruiters. All candidates are required to apply through this web posting.
Pictured: Par Hawaii operates Hawaii's largest refinery, in Kapolei, the heart of an integrated statewide logistics system that includes 8 terminals, 3 barges and 27 miles of pipeline.
The RequirementsTo meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship.
Additionally, to be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
* Bachelor's degree in a related field such as computer science or computer engineering; advanced degree preferred. Oil and Gas industry experience a plus
* Vendor Certifications (Cisco Certifications preferred i.e. CCIE and/or CCNP) highly preferred Quick question for you - click here
* 7+ years of Network Architecture/Engineering experience in specific technical specialty (Cisco Network Hardware, Cisco Voice (CUCM 11.x), Unity Voice Mail and emerging technologies, Sonicwall Firewalls, Palo Alto Firewalls); 3+ years in a senior role. All knowledge must be based on actual and current product experience and thought leadership roles Quick question for you - click here
* Experience in distributed control system and process control networks preferred
* Experience in SDWAN (VeloCloud) or latest technologies preferred
* Experience in design, build, implementation, and troubleshooting of complex networks
* Experience in network analysis with packet capturing tools
* Experience with wireless networking and the ability to support voice and video applications
* Experience in larger WAN deployments, MPLS, BGP and BGP-MP
* Experience working with ISP Technical support teams to resolve WAN circuit issues
* Experience in remote network administration, configuration and troubleshooting
* Experience in large network environments (more than 500 employees) a plus
* Experience working with both onshore and offshore teams preferred
* Experience planning and developing support processes and adhering to best practices
* Switching - Expert in VLANs, Spanning Tree, Port Channels, VPC
* Switches - Cisco Catalyst 1941, 2850, 2960 3850, etc.
* Wireless LAN - Expert in Meraki or other wireless access point technology (MR42, etc.)
* Wireless WAN - Remote Branch Wireless Backup (4GLTE)
* WAN - Experience in optimization, complex MPLS/BGP WAN design, build and implementation
* Data Center
* Architecture and design capabilities
* Product expertise in Cisco NEXUS 7000
* Consolidated I/O, Fibre Channel
* Application Delivery - F5, Netscaler
* Load Balancing, SSL/HTTP offload
* Application Network troubleshooting and discovery skills
* TCP/IP packet analysis
* Exceptional conceptual thinking and analysis skills, coupled with highly effective presentation, influencing and negotiation skills
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers and clients
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, flexibility in concepts and action, able to handle aggressive mission critical deadlines
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and to divide focus among many different projects
* Excellent team player skills, including a proven ability to resolve problems professionally and systematically
* Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
* Ability to adjust work schedule to accommodate unexpected changes
* Excellent follow-up skills
You should also be willing and able to travel approximately 30% of the time-primarily to locations throughout the Hawaiian Islands and Washington State.
You also will need to be flexible and able to adjust your work schedule to accommodate unexpected changes and communications with stakeholders in different time zones. One week may involve typical work hours while the following week may require some evening or weekend hours.
The RoleAs the Regional Senior Network Engineer, you will be the subject matter expert for architecting, building, implementing, testing, and troubleshooting Par Regional and enterprise networks and ensuring we continually evolve a scalable and secure network in support of common business applications and corporate goals and objectives. You will work with regional management and the Par Corporate networking team to design and implement architecture for proposals and/or projects to build or enhance enterprise networks with 140+ sites and over 1,000 users. Quick question for you - click here
Also, you will be the primary network engineer for Par's DCS and PCN network while providing operational support for the Par Pacific infrastructure, driving high levels of quality into the network as a reliable foundation for business application infrastructure, and assisting with implementation of network design standards on various WAN, LAN, Security and Data Center Projects as it relates to SOX, PCI, ITIL/Cobit. The position could also require the ability to lead and mentor team members in the lifecycle support of the network and associated management systems while working with operations teams to improve system availability and efficiencies.
More specifically, your essential functions will be to:
* Be responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure.
* Be responsible for overall management of the DCS and PCN networks, including securing egress and ingress between the DCS and business networks.
* Maximize network performance by monitoring and troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of LAN and regional implementations.
* Provide network systems securities through policy enforcement and monitoring access.
* Report network operational status and complete assignments in a timely manner.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.).
* Configure and setup firewalls, VPN concentrators and security appliances for access to vital business applications.
* Monitor, setup and configure complex switching environments as assigned.
* Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, EtherChannel (bonding), etc.
* Provide technical assistance and support for both internal and external parties.
* Troubleshoot network hardware and software applications, OS upgrades, and security systems to resolve operational issues and to restore services.
* Support voice and video applications.
* Resolve WAN circuit issues.
* Develop scalable, reliable network architecture designs (from conception to implementation), studies and plans; provide build services, tests readiness, network support, and operational readiness reviews.
* Develop, implement, and manage network engineering processes including configuration management and design standards to ensure compliance, relevancy, and sustainability.
* Provide Tier III/IV support by providing trouble resolution of the network infrastructure and perform on-call duties and off-hours support when needed.
* Identify and mitigate risks of introducing architecture technology enhancements.
* Ensure deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
* Work with other teams to detect, analyze and capture data that identifies performance issues.
Pictured: One of Par Pacific's operations is the largest and most complex refinery in Hawaii, on Oahu. It's part of an integrated statewide logistics system that includes 8 terminals, 3 barges and 27 miles of pipeline.
Why Par PacificProfessional development
We know you'll bring a strong foundation in networking operations, but the diversity of this role will provide opportunities to gain exposure to multiple functional areas and new technologies. You'll interact with a variety of talented contacts and peers throughout Par. You'll also have the support of a seasoned team of other Engineers and leaders.
Working at Par Pacific is different. Because Par is a smaller energy company, employees have the opportunity to make a great impact on the business and to influence decisions. People truly have amazing careers at Par because they are exposed to all areas of the company and are connected to many of the industry experts.
There is nothing ordinary about Par Pacific -- an unorthodox niche player in the energy space that drives operations from production to delivery. And there's certainly nothing ordinary about Par Pacific people. We are driven, hardworking, entrepreneur-minded professionals who love to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, we offer a strong comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; a robust allotment of paid vacation plus paid time off; a 401(k) with company match; educational reimbursement; and more. Employees also get discounts on gasoline.
Opportunistic growth strategy
At Par Pacific, we look for operations with strong fundamentals and great employees who can move a business forward. Our management team has deep experience in the energy industry, as well as in leading mergers, acquisitions, and integrations of newly acquired companies.
Pictured: Refinery operations support a number of customers, including our own retail operations across five islands. We offer gasoline, other petroleum products and convenience items under the Hele, nomnom and Union 76 brands.
Keys to Success To excel in this role, you will be an expert multitasker and prioritizer as you work to support the networks of over 140 locations throughout your assigned region. It's safe to say that this is a role where you will never experience the same day twice.
This is an exciting time to join our team as we are poised to implement some pretty big changes to the environment. You'll have the opportunity to stay on the cutting-edge of technology as we move to the cloud and implement the proper monitoring and alerting tools.
To fit our team and culture, you'll have a proactive and easy-going personality along with a strong work ethic. You should be willing to dive in and help at any time, and take pride in meeting deadlines and providing top-quality work. Within a few months, you should have established a reputation as a team player and subject matter expert who is dependable and trustworthy.
In addition, to be an outstanding Regional Senior Network Engineer, you will:
* Be a results-oriented individual requiring minimal supervision, but willing to reach out and ask questions when needed.
* Frequently anticipate problems and analyze ways to mitigate risk.
* Quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
* Work to gain credibility by acting with integrity, promoting trust and respect within the project teams and continually managing change across the affected business unit.
* Leverage clear communication skills to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences/people.
* Be transparent in your efforts.
* Maintain a commitment to knowledge gain to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
* Bring energy, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude.
Pictured: Par Pacific's recent acquisition of multiple Cenex Zip Trip locations extends our retail operations to Washington and Idaho, and provides an alternative outlet for Wyoming refining production.
Associated topics: design engineer, electrical engineer, electronics, engineer, infrastructure, opnet, radio, scada, system engineer, wireless