1103 Market St
Title of Job: Cloud Enterprise Architect
Role Location: Remote
Reports to: Director - Presales
The Cloud Enterprise Architect at Okta is involved in all stages of the customer's development lifecycle and are comfortable using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for team players that can create sales presentations, product demonstrations, and educate customers (everyone from developers to product managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to cloud security technology. Okta's Cloud Enterprise Architects empathize with customers and quickly discern their true technical needs by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that target those needs. You have the rare combination of technical savviness and business acumen and you're looking for a career where you can utilize both. As a Cloud Enterprise Architect at Okta, you will hone each of these skills by advising a diverse set of customers on what is possible using Okta's Identity Platform.
Cloud Enterprise Architects work with Sales Engineers on the most complex customer environments. In this role, you will be challenged daily to show customers how Okta can work in their environment. Our team of architects is made up of some of the most experienced and skilled identity and access management experts in the industry. We are looking for people that have had experience deploying identity and access management in large customer environments. This hands-on experience and exposure to the operational aspect of real customer deployments is what sets you apart and provides credibility to the architectures proposed by the sales team. Your storied experience with other products and legacy solutions will prove valuable when assessing a customer's existing challenges and planning the roadmap for them to modernize and transition to the Okta platform.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Support the sales team in helping customers understand what is possible with Okta
* Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud technology
* Execute the delivery of PoCs for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with other Okta engineering teams as needed
* Create technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices for new technologies
* Communicate how Okta integrates with a customer's existing environment and applications using a variety of means, including white boarding and architecture diagrams.
* Utilize your understanding of a customer's holistic environment including firewalls, proxies, VPN, CASB, databases, and applications to ensure that the proposed architecture is viable and can be implemented by the customer or professional services.
* Use a variety of tools to help depict complex architecture diagrams and sequence diagrams that include single sign-on, provisioning, MFA, and delegated authentication.
* Assist engagement managers in building statements of work (SOWs) with proper phasing and order of execution that will help ensure customer success during delivery.
* Confidently communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the customer's organization, including CxO, security, developers, and IT administrators.
* Use your understanding of various SSO protocols (SAML, OIDC, SWA, KERBEROS) to plan multi-protocol integration architectures that incorporate Okta with various technologies.
* Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: .net, application developer, architect, architecture, c, c/c++, design pattern, devops, lead, maven
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...