Manager - Central Sterile Processing (1061975_RR00035197)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Manager.
In this role, the successful candidate Responsible for managing all operations of the Sterile Processing Department. Ensures Management and staff provide the highest quality sterile and high-level disinfected instrumentation, supplies and equipment in compliance with The Joint Commission, federal, state, local requirements and standard and recommended practices from AAMI (Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation) and AORN (Association of preoperative Registered Nurses). Works closely with the Infection Prevention Department to establish, implement, and maintains infection control standards. Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results. Determines the appropriate staffing patterns for the department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff. Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues. Monitors and reports compliance with sterilization and high-level disinfection mandatory testing processes in the medical center and satellite areas. Projects budget needs for the department, researches and explains budget variances, and is accountable for adherence to budget projections. Monitors sterilization department quality assurance, safety, environmental, and infection control programs.
* Collaborates with clinic and hospital managers and educators to assure staff competency and compliance with sterilization/high-level disinfection processes, documentation, record keeping, standards of practice and policies.
* Supervises sterile processing activities in the absence (i.e., vacations, training, any sickness) of regular staff supervision (Assistant ManagersCentral Service) including staff scheduling and management and assurance of the flow of required instrumentation and equipment to the operating rooms and across the Medical Center.
* Reports time-sensitive information or non-compliance to Associate Director of Peri-Operative Materials, Nursing Departments, and Infection Prevention and Surveillance department, as indicated.
* Performs comprehensive audits, chairs the Sterilization and Disinfection Sub-committee, and reports monthly to the Infection Prevention and Surveillance Committee.
* Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce cost and improve quality of care/service.
* Develops, implements and monitors departmental policies and procedures which support the organizational goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
* Creates and demonstrates knowledge of department policies & procedures regarding sterilization/high-level disinfection and consistently articulates same to staff, management, nursing, and physicians.
* Oversees the decontamination, cleaning, assembly, sterilization and high-level disinfection of all reusable instrumentation in the medical facility and satellite areas.
To qualify you must have a Must be Certified Registered Central Service Technician by IAHCSMM.
A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Education or Healthcare related field or a combination of similar education and experience.
Five years of responsible Central Service hospital experience and progressive work experiences in central service - sterile processing and supply distribution that includes two years of supervisory experience.
Knowledge of specific health care products, patient care equipment and their basic use is required.
Must hold comprehensive knowledge in inventory control, supply distribution, receiving, reprocessing techniques and principles, production management and regulating agencies standards.
Must hold comprehensive knowledge and experience in surgical instrumentation and regulatory standards.
Current membership and active participation in a relevant professional organizations.
Must possess computer knowledge.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Completion of formal supervision principles, leadership education and/or the Certification in Healthcare Leadership concepts.
Certification in materials resources CMRP or IAHCSMMs materials management certification
Knowledge of inventory control software such as ESI, and HBOC PMM.
Knowledge in SPM Instrument Tracking system
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal \"EEO is the law\" poster or visit for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Loading some great jobs for you...