NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Medical Records Clerk.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for performing routine clerical work relating to the maintenance of medical records. Ensures that all health information is maintained in accordance with established NYU Medical Center policies and procedures, Joint Commission standards, and regional, state and federal guidelines.
* Maintains permanent file area and storage area. Locates and retrieves and files medical records as required. Files information according to departmental filing systems in designated areas. Maintains files in a well-organized manner. Retrieves charts and other records from files as requested in a timely manner. Obtains medical records from electronic system, when applicable. Follows established procedures for completing productivity form.
* Retrieves medical records from onsite or offsite locations. Delivers medical records to appropriate location. Transports medical records in a timely fashion. Safeguards medical records during transport to ensure confidentiality and integrity.
* Assists walk-in requestors in a courteous manner. Answers the telephone in a polite manner, identifying themselves and the department. Takes messages thoroughly and accurately. Answers calls promptly and gives out accurate information to routine questions while following hospital confidentiality policies. Transfers calls to the correct individual based on content of inquiry.
* Ensures receipt of all records and documents in accordance with departmental policies. Accurately tracks charts and communicates with other departments to ensure all records and documents are received. Follows up in a timely manner for missing charts or parts. Prepares charts prior to scheduled appointments in accordance with departmental procedures. Creates new file folders and ensures proper chart size. Merges duplicate medical record numbers. Processes expired charts for offsite storage.
* Appropriately tracks records to and from record area. Checks all applicable systems for reports. Inserts reports into medical records and updates accordingly. Updates chart tracking system with new physician profiles.
* Participates and performs all other related duties.
High School Diploma or the equivalent required. Good communication and computer skills required.
Knowledge of Medical terminology or third party payer operations is helpful. Typing skills and familiarity with automated systems and PC applications preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal \"EEO is the law\" poster or visit for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...