FGP LPN, **per diem, Huntington, Long Island** (1063190_RR00036275)
Compensation: $47,670.00 - $62,050.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
NYU School of Medicine is one of the nation's top-ranked medical schools. For 175 years, NYU School of Medicine has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history and enrich the lives of countless people. An integral part of NYU Langone Health, the School of Medicine at its core is committed to improving the human condition through medical education, scientific research, and direct patient care. For more information, go to med.nyu.edu, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a per diem FGP LPN, based in Huntington, Long Island.
In this role, the successful candidate assists the RN/LPN in the care of patients and families by completing assigned patient care tasks; provides competent, safe, and compassionate care with emphasis on an understanding of the challenges faced by hospitalization, undergoing procedures or diagnostic tests; demonstrates NYULMC Core Values in all aspects of job performance
* Completes delegated responsibilities as directed by the Nursing Staff or MDs
* Observes general behavior and reports same to nursing staff to whom patient is assigned
* Assists in data collection and activities as assigned.
* Assists in maintaining safety and comfort needs of patients.
* Utilizes specialized skills and safety when carrying out specific tasks of patient care as assigned, including phlebotomy, finger sticks for glucose, and electrocardiograms.
* Demonstrates understanding of infection prevention and control standards.
* Assists in emergency situations as directed.
* Demonstrates an awareness of the needs and behaviors of specific patient age groups and different cultures.
* Obtain vital signs, weights, EKGs when needed. Assist with blood collection/phlebotomy as needed.
* Assists with maintaining patient flow to and from exam rooms and treatment areas. Assists in escorting patients. Ensure chart is available, with relevant lab work and test reports if indicated, for physician when the physician sees the patient.
* Stock exam room/treatment rooms with medical supplies, linen, and designated chart forms.
* Ensure exam rooms and treatment areas are cleaned after each patient leaves and prepared for the next patients. Assists with light housekeeping duties which include spills.
* Assures completion of patient charges as per policy.
* Assists patient with obtaining food, toileting, ambulating and maintaining comfort.
* Assists physicians with procedures (e.g. GI procedures, all medical exams).
* Clean and sterilize designated equipment after use.
* Answers telephone in treatment area and assists staff in scheduling treatments.
* Assists patients and communicates with Physicians to obtain prescription renewals as needed.
* Performs patient related functions as directed by the Physician and/or Registered Nurse (RN), and properly documents them including administration of injectibles and patch placement, set up for procedure.
* Communicates directly with patients regarding their care or treatment using appropriate terminology and respectful manner. Interacts with medical staff efficiently. Interacts with support staff professionally. Proper patient education techniques.
* Maintains and orders medical supplies. Maintains adequate stock. Keeps supplies orderly.
To qualify you must have a Graduate of LPN program with current NYS OP LPN licensure and registration.
Required Licenses: LPN
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU School of Medicine provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU School of Medicine is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU School of Medicine's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal \"EEO is the law\" poster or visit for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Associated topics: lead, license, licensed practical, licensed practical nurse, mtp, nurse ii, nurse iii, nurse iv, nurse lpn, practical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...